5. Love Hurts

They stood silently as the wind whipped around them and the waves crashed against the shores. Rhaenyra stared at her mother and brother. Dead. Waiting to be burned. She stared at her father, tears in his eyes as a sob left his lips he did this. He killed them both with his choices. Daemon and Davina stood side by side silently.

'They're waiting for you.' Daemon remarked.

'D...' Rhaenyra began and Syrax gave a low growl from the top of the hill. Rhaenyra put an arm on her father easing him back as she spoke louder, her voice breaking as she spoke. When Davina put a hand on her shoulder.

"I can do it.' Davina offered and Rhaenyra nodded stepping back. Davina glanced back at Viserys before looking to Syrax.

'Dracarys.' She declared and Syrax climbed down and in a blazing heat of dragon fire burned Baelon and Aemma. With heavy breaths they watched them burn. Davina did feel sorry for her brother, she expected he felt as she would if she lost Daemon for good and she couldn't imagine a world without Daemon.

+

"Im sorry princess."

"Daemon whipped you to your ass and you are apologizing to me?" Davina mused.

"The babe and the queen." Gwayne countered.

"Wow. You are a good guy. Thats rare."

"I will take that as a compliment." Gwayne offered humbly.

"You should it was meant as one" davina agreed as she walked off.

"Do. Not." Otto said slowly. Gwayne turned to his father.

"Whats wrong father?"

"Do not fall for Davina Targaryen." Otto clarified "that girl is nothing but trouble."

"Shes a pretty kind of trouble." Gwayne whispered watching davinas hips sway as she left.

"Two dead husbands it doesnt matter her pretty face the brain inside that head is twisted." Otto declared. "Do not fall for her."

"Im not a child. Shes not your responsibility." Gwayne added as he headed off.

"Gwayne!" Otto demanded.

+

'Where's Rhaenyra?'

'Your Grace. This is the last thing any of us wish to discuss at this dark hour, but I consider the matter urgent.' Otto said as he approached him.

'What matter?'

'That of your succession.' Otto told him as though it was obvious. 'These recent tragedies have left you without an obvious heir.' Viserys shook his head, he couldn't think of these things.

'The King has an heir, my Lord Hand.'

'Despite how difficult this time is, Your Grace, I feel it important the succession be firmly in place for the stability of the realm.'

'The succession is already set... by precedent and by law.' Strong told them. 'Shall we say his name?'

'Daemon Targaryen.'

'If Daemon were to remain the uncontested heir, it could destabilize the realm.'

'The realm? Or this council?' Viserys countered.

'No one here can know what Daemon would do were he king, but no one can doubt his ambition. Look at what he did with the gold cloaks." Otto demanded.  "The City Watch is fiercely loyal to him. An army 2,000 strong." He added.

"An army you gave him, Otto.' Viserys corrected.

'I named Daemon Master of Laws, but you said he was a tyrant. As Master of Coin, you said he was a spendthrift that would beggar the realm.' Otto told Viserys