8. Burn A Dragon

Reputation to Protect out now!

"You have a constipated look on your face.' Davina remarked pouring herself another glass of wine. Viserys stared back at her annoyed. "You want honesty or bullshit like the rest of your council?" Davina questioned.

'Honesty... gentle honesty.' He corrected.

'So ease back from the constipated look on your face?" Davina mused. 'why is your face like that?" Davina questioned.

"I thought I said gentle honesty.' Viserys reminded her.

'What happened today?' Davina questioned.

"I had a talk with corlys.' Viserys told her.

"Yikes, what did he say? No let me guess.' Davina declared and Viserys had to give it to Davina she did know how to make him smile. 'My wife wasn't queen and you named you are one drink aeay from naming your daughter a girl- your heir!" Davina declared making her voice deeper. 'You are a disgrace and now you must wed and fuck my daughter so we can have real power. But as soon as you marry your child bride we will kill you and take control!' Davina declared with a deep laugh and the smile faded from Viserys face. "Fuck I got it right.' Davina remarked pouring them another glass. 'I understand that look now.' she told him.

'Davina.' He groaned.

'what? What do you want me to say?" Davina questioned. 'don't marry the 10 year old little mini Corlys because he is a cunt.' Davina told him 'and he will manipulate you through her and you are never going to love her. if you want heirs you need someone that can reproduce now, not in five years.' Davina reminded him.

'I know, but the-'

'Gross.' Davina declared taking his glass from him and forcing him to look at her. 'Don't give a damn about what they want. It is your life.' Davina reminded him. 'don't pick a whore,' Davina suggested and Viserys swatted at her. 'But pick someone that can make you happy. Not someone you are going to hate like you tried to do with me.' she added sweetly. She forced a smile as he swallowed the lump in his throat.

'I am sorry about that.' Viserys told her softly.

'So either marry the child with a great blood line or pick someone that could make you happy.' Davina suggested.

'Like who?'

"I don't know.' Davina admitted. 'take a walk outside and see which women pretend to swoon over you and pick the ones that are not.' Davina suggested and Viserys rolled his eyes. 'Don't rush into this.' Davina told him. 'It's only forever.'

'Or until a dragon burns them to death.' He reminded her.

'Pity, so many cunts had to burn or drown for you to see that I'm better on my own.' Davina told him as she got up.

'Davina.' He called and she turned back to him. 'Thank you.'

'That's what I'm here for. Gentle honesty.' She told him blowing him a kiss.

💋

"We haven't spoken much... since. A regret of mine. We should be free to speak our minds to one another." Viserys said and Davina sat in between them as a buffer of sorts. She brought her glass to her lips her eyes wandering between them. this was sad she thought, they didn't know how to talk to each other but did Viserys ever know how to talk to his daughter she pondered.

"You can say whatever you'd like. You are the King." Rhaenyra reminded him and Viserys chuckled, yes he was, but he didn't feel like it at times with every single person he seemed to have to answer to.

'I loved your mother... very much.'

'As did I.' Rhaenyra assured her fingers tap, tap, tapping on table. 'Ser Harrold provided a fine field of tourney knights.'