34. Mama

A few moons later... a baby was wailing in Davinas arms. She looked helplessly to Gwayne.

"I dont know what he wants!" Davina demanded. "I told you I hate babies!"

"I dont think you ever said hate so strongly."  Gwayne corrected.

"I fed him. I changed him. Gross by the way." Davina murmured. "He is not tired. I dont know what he wants!"

"Take your dress off."

"In front of the baby!" Davina demanded.

"Skin to skin. He wants to be closer to you,"
Gwayne confirmed kissing her. She shimmied out of her dress and Aemond settled. Snuggling into her chest.

"Hes hungry again you liar." Davina hissed. Aemond tried to get to her breasts but davina shook her head. "Im sorry baby boy my tits dont work."

Aemond grumbled davina chuckled, gwayne wrapped his arms around both of them.

"Isnt this great?"

"Babysitting for Alicent? No. Hes a difficult little nugget. He always wants to be held."

"By you!" Gwayne agreed. "Its a sign."

"Im not pregnant and still dont want my own children." Davina corrected. "This should prove that."

"It doesnt."

"I'm terrible with littles! He's a little monster. I'm having about ten mini melt downs all while he took a shit, I thought he was dying with the sounds he was making and the faces- you should  have seen his little eyes bludge out!" Davina declared. "Then the smell! Gods the smell! Gross! I-" she gagged. "this should prove I should never be a mother." 

"You are wonderful with him!" Gwayne corrected. "And Jace. Rhaenyra's boy loves you!" Gwayne added. 

"You conned me into marrying you-" Davina countered wagging a finger at him.

"You proposed to me but okay." Gwayne agreed.

"You are not conning me into children."

"Whatever you say but when alicent sunk into depression after giving birth to Aemond you jumped at the chance to mother him."

"I love your sister and her little gremlins." Davina agreed.

"Im not a gremlin!" Aegon shouted from the door. "Whats a gremlin?" he countered a moment later. 

"An untamed dragon," davina offered fixing her dress.  Aegon laughed out running up to her.

"Mama I dont think thats right." Aegon corrected. Davina stared down at him. Gwayne gawked back at her. 

"Its a fucking sign!" 

"It's a sign that Alicent doesnt spend enough time with her children." Davina corrected. 

"Mama Dav," Gwayne purred. "I like it." 

"I already told you-" Davina tsked. 

"You just look soo good with Aemond in your arms. You can't tell me otherwise." Gwayne informed her. "Come on Aegon, lets go play." 

"Come on mama." Aegon agreed waving a hand for Davina to follow him. 

+

"So how is it going?" Viserys questioned. 

"What?" Davina demanded. 

"The... baby?" Viserys offered cautiously. 

"Your children are fine." Davina assured. "Aemond is finally sleeping the little fucker." she mumbled. Viserys chuckled. "What?' Davina barked. 

"You are so good with them." 

"Well you married a child that isnt capable of taking care of her children and now Aegon is calling me mama and that just not right." Davina demanded. 

"Thank you for putting it so bluntly." Viserys agreed. "But the children love you." 

"Yeah, I'm loveable." Davina agreed. 

"Have you given it any-"

"You and Gwayne are insufferable." Davina declared. "I told him before I didnt want kids, he knew that and still wanted me, its his own fault. I told you I didnt want-"

"A husband or children when I named you my heir, yes." Viserys agreed. "But..." He sighed smiling back at his little sister. "You changed your mind." 

"Rhaenyra can be my heir." Davina decided. "She is a new mother, he is trying to figure out how to be a mother to jace... little black haired dark eyed handsome little nugget, Jace. How about that? Then will you get off my back?" 

"I'm sorry, I just thought, with all your time with the children recently that you might have changed your mind." 

"No." Davina corrected marching out for the pits. Aegon was stroking Furys leg, he smiled back at her. "Hey handsome." Davina whispered picking Aegon up. "You and Fury playing?"

"Uncle G said you loved Fury most in the world but thats not true." Aegon informed her. 

"No? I think it might be." Davina countered. Gwayne chuckled behind them. 

"No, you love me most." Aegon corrected kissing her cheek. davina sighed. 

"Damnit it, kid."