10. End of Us

"Your Grace."

"You disobeyed me. You fled King's Landing without a word and you acted without The Crown's leave. You are my only child. You could've been killed." Viserys shouted at his daughter.

"May I sit?" Rhaenyra said bored as she walked past him to take a seat.

"You went to Dragonstone." Viserys shouted.

"I went to retrieve the egg without bloodshed." Rhaenyra told him calmly. "A feat I'm not sure Ser Otto could've accomplished alone." She added

'Rhaenyra!"

'But aunt Davina got their first and got the egg and shouted at Daemon so loud I could hear her from Syrax back.' Rhaenyra told him

"Yes, well..." Viserys chuckled. 'I sometimes forget how alike you both are, your aunt and you.' He said with a sigh. He had to discuss marriage as a king it was his duty. 'You know Rhaenyra... Your mother's absence is a wound that will never heal. Without her... the Red Keep has lost a warmth that I dare say it will never recover."

"It pleases me to hear you say this." Rhaenyra told him "To know that I'm not alone in my grief."

"I wish I had known better what to say to you in the aftermath. I struggled to realize that my daughter had so quickly become a woman grown. But I know... she understands what is now expected of me." Viserys told her

"The King must take a new wife."

"I could never replace your mother. No more than I intend to replace you. But you are my only child and our line is vulnerable, too easily ended. And by marrying again, I may begin to ensure that we are better defended." Viserys told her.

"Against whom?"

"Whomever may dare to challenge us. I do not wish to make us estranged."'

"You are the King... and so, your first duty is to the realm. Mother would've understood this. Just as I do." Rhaenyra assured him.

+

"You went to dragon stone?" Viserys questioned.

'I did.' Davina confirmed she couldn't look at him.

"Davina...' he whispered coming up behind her, Fury roared right in his face the gust of wind that escaped Fury's lips was enough to force Viserys back a step. Davina ran a hand along Fury's leg, calming him. Fury settled down against laying next to her in the cave. 'Davina.' Viserys said hesitantly stepping forward.

'He broke my heart.' Davina whispered. 'He promised me...' Davina said through a pained breath. "He promised me forever and now...'

'Oh Davina.' Viserys said hugging her he had never seen a world so fierce turn to fragile.

"I want to kill him." Davina whimpered. "I hate him. I hate him so much." tears fell down her cheeks.

"Maybe some distance will help." Viserys offered.

"I want him to feel..." she said through sobs "Pain, I want him.... To feel this heart ache..." Davina shook her head miserably.

"Cutting him out of your life would do that." Viserys told her confidently, he rubbed her back as she sobbed into him.

"Cutting him out... I dont know if that would kill me too. I might die without him Viserys." Davina admitted.

"No, you are so strong, you dont need Daemon." Viserys told her.

"I do. I have always needed him." Davina whimpered. "I hate him and I hate that I still love him." Her sobs shook her to her core, trying to put her heart back together. But how could she fix her heart, when the person that broke it is the only one that can fix it?

Davina marched into Daemons room at kings landing knowing full well he was frolicking with his whore. Her eyes scanned the room before her confidence reverted back to misery. She slammed the door closed with a thwack and threw down the paintings and tapestry on the wall shredding it to pieces it littered across the floor.

She picked up cups and vases trinkets and figurines smashing them down the shards sprinkled like litter along the ground. She started taking his clothes throwing them up and out little screams and moans of agony escaped her list lips as she tore his room apart the bed was the last thing standing that still looked pristine when the rest of the room was a mess.

She looked at the bed they've spent so much time in and she wondered Who else did he brought into this bed? Who else was he loving when her heart was breaking? She took her blade and cut down the middle of the bed cut down the pillows and started whipping them around feathers started flying everywhere she heard the crunch of footsteps on all the broken pieces what is around the room. With tears in her eyes she turned around deflated pillow still in her hand. Viserys stared at her.

"Oh honey." Viserys whispered looking around. But she didn't have an answer. "You hurt yourself." He remarked noticing the trickle of blood on her calve. But she didnt care for a ricochet cut from her destruction when her heart was in a million pieces. She dropped the pillow and on sluggish feet she moved towards him.

"You should never let a man have this much power over you."

"Loving Daemon is easy. It used to be so easy. Love is giving someone your heart and knowing they can break it but trusting them not to. He broke it." Davina murmured as Viserys hugged her. "He broke me."

She felt the pinch of her necklace against her skin and leaned back. Her fingers went to the Valyrian steel necklace daemon had given her. She thought it's sweet and kind and thoughtful. He wanted her to have something that was from him and she hadn't taken it off but now she felt like she was suffocating. Her fingers gripped the steel giving it a hard yank off her neck she let it come to the floor as well. Viserys stared down at it before hugging her again.

So this really was the end of Davina and Daemon...