20. Confidence

Muggle / Severus Snape out now!

"Should have known you would go on the hunt and want to kill the damn thing." Tommen remarked.

"What other purpose would there be?" Davina agreed. "Lannister you want me to use your precious spear? Also what idiot gives a two year a spear as a present?" Jason shifted uneasy in his spot.

"Alright gorgeous lets see what you got." Tommen purred. Gwayne knew he should have offered words of encouragement but davina was quick. First shot the beast wailed and dropped. She did a bow before smirking back at Gwayne. He relaxed at her easy and smug smile. They had a good thing going.

"That was bloody brilliant Dav!!" Tommen declared picking davina up and spinning her around she laughed out. Her head tipping back. Gwayne tensed again. He should have moved faster. Instead of content in that smile he should have been the one making her smile more.

"We need celebratory drinks!" Tommen decided when they got back. Aegon whined tipping over, he cried out.

"Viserys let your son go home to bed. Hes over tired." Davina remarked. "Past his bed time by a lot."

"Look at you. Having baby fever?" Tommen questioned.

"I like babies when I dont have to push them out of me." Davina agreed. "And when they dont cry and keep me up and when they have clean bottoms." She added moving to aegon. He cried big fat tears as he snuggled into her.

"I know baby..." davina cooed running a hand through his hair.

"What are you doing over here?" Otto demanded.

"I lost. Im hopeless." Gwayne decided

"Its been a few hours you havent lost her." Otto corrected.

"I have though. Look at them. All chummy." Gwayne moped.

"A few hours and you have only been listening to me for one of them." Otto corrected. "Go get her. Pull her into your arms and-"

"Shes leaving." Gwayne demanded.

"Go after her damnit!" Otto demanded as if it was obvious.

"No shit... hey Fury." Tommen said as they got outside. "Look at you, I remember when you were little. You remember dav?"

"You didnt believe I had a dragon in my room." Davina agreed.

~

"Do you have dragons?" Tommen had asked the first time he met Davina and Daemon, he was four years old and Davina at 3 knew everything, she was in charge. Tommen followed after a little Davina.

"Yep. Mine is Fury." Davina told him.

"Caraxes is mine." Daemon added.

"But Fury is better." Davina assured "Come on. You can meet him." Tommen was confused when Davina led him to a chamber and not the dragon pit.

"Is it a real dragon?" Tommen asked unconvinced. Davina turned around to face Tommen.

"HA!" Davina said before turning back around. "FURY!" Tommen looked around confused.

"You are lying I don't-" Tommen began but a black dragon came bounding out of the bed. He ran to Davina nudging against her. Tommen's jaw dropped. "WOW!" Tommen declared.

"My baby." Davina said hugging Fury to her. Tommen reached out a hand but Fury snarled at him and his hand jerked back.

"Fury doesnt like people that call me a liar." Davina told him confidently. "Care to take that back?"

"I think I love you." Tommen remarked. "i will never doubt you again."  Daemon stepped forward pulling Davina behind him. Daemon stared up at Tommen.

"No." Daemon told him shaking his head. "Dav's mine." Davina chuckled.

"You can pet him." Davina offered. "Be good Fury. Tommen's my friend."

"Is he?" Daemon asked incredulously.

"Sure." Davina agreed.

"sure?" Daemon echoed staring back at her. "No, I don't like it." Daemon told her. "I don't think he stays."

"He's from Door knob, remember?" Davina told Daemon tapping on his head.

"I don't think he wants me to." Tommen said taking a step back.

"Fury sit." Davina instructed and Fury wiggled his butt. "Sit." Davina said again moving closer to him and he plopped his butt down on the ground staring back up at her waiting for further instructions. "Go on. Don't be scared." Davina told Tommen as she pet Fury's head. "See? He's my baby."

Tommen felt the heat radiating off of Fury's scales. It was magical. He looked to Davina, silver hair, piercing eyes and the confidence to run a whole carvery all at the age of three.

~

"Hes gotten a lot bigger." Tommen remarked. Fury had the deepest of black scales that looked bejeweled in the twinkle of the moonlight.

"Still my big handsome baby," davina assured running a hand over furys leg. "You coming back to the castle?"

"That an invitation?" Tommen questioned.

"Yes." Davina agreed. "Come to the capital. Dont leave. Say you wont go. I just got my best friend back."

"Im not going anywhere." Tommen agreed.

"You want to fly him back?"

"Hells yes." Tommen agreed.

"Alright lets go. Hold in tight." Davina instructed and tommens arms wrapped around her. "Sovengon."

"There she goes. She forgot about me. Im... im becoming obsolete." Gwayne realized.

"If I know one thing about davina its that she likes confident men. Be confident in yourself gwayne." Otto suggested.

"My confidence flew away with Davina and that dornish man." Gwayne countered.