17. Smitten

Bad for Business / Viserys Targaryen Out now!!

So clearly Davina didnt like Lannisters. It was simple really. They avoided her and she pretended they didnt exist. 

"Fury isn't going to..." Gwayne hesitated. 

"No, no he knows I like you." Davina assured. 

"Good." Gwayne agreed. 

"Come on," Davina reached out a hand. 

"I dont know how to fly a dragon." Gwayne countered. 

"No one knows, until they fly a dragon." Davina agreed. "But you are just a passenger, if you tried to fly Fury without me, you would be turned to ash. No question in my mind." Davina answered honestly. 

"Just a passenger, you hear that Fury?" Gwayne agreed as he climbed on. 

"I was thinking, Gwayne and Davina have been close the past two years." Otto remarked. 

"Yes they have." Viserys agreed after a council meeting. 

"What if we wed them? My son, your sister..." Otto suggested. It had been three moons since Davina was named heir, half the lords thought Viserys was crazy, the other half thought Davina was crazy hot. No one believed it would stick. Rhaenyra herself was still annoyed but Davina had been judged and mainly an outcast to society since the first husband she burned and she didnt mind. She was never one to fit into society. 

When she was little she was forced to do etiquette lessons with her cousins and it ended badly. Viserys knew back then that Davina wasnt going to fit in to the mold and he thought that was just what the future needed. Someone like Davina. 

~

Many, Many Years ago...

"Whatever happened to Agatha?" Daemon asked and Baelon stared back at him confused. "Hart? Hawthorne? Hawk? Hhhhhh- something like that." Daemon said with a shrug. "She made the best pies." Daemon offered as he poked at his food.

''I thought someone said she died.'' Davina remarked over supper as she pushed her veggies around her plate untouched. For the amount of carrot cake she ate she really didnt understand why she needed more vegetables.

''No she moved to the riverlands. Married a tully.'' Alyssa corrected

''Same difference really.'' Daemon agreed.

''I said shes dead to us.'' Baelon mused and alyssa slapped at his arm. "Sorry." Baelon declared.

"Manors at the table." Alyssa begged. "Oh, I have you both signed up for etiquette lessons." Alyssa declared and Viserys choked on his drink as he stared back at them.

"No." Davina said immediately.

"Yes, it will be fun, your cousins will be there and you learn all the best ways to be a proper lady and Daemon a proper gentleman."

"Pass." Daemon told her bluntly.

"I'm already perfect." Davina countered. "I don't want to. Pass for me as well."

"Davina, Daemon, you will like it." Alyssa assured.

"Or, we hate it and learn which fork best to jab into our dancing partners eyes." Davina countered innocently.

"I love that!" Viserys declared. "You see that smile on her little face when she said jab a fork into someone's eye." Viserys laughed out.

"Viserys." Alyssa scolded.

"She's still smiling!" Viserys declared. Davina chuckled staring down the table at Viserys. "You want her to learn to curtsey and dance and-"

"I can curtsey and dance just fine." Davina countered. "I will prove it." Davina got up and stood on the table.