16. Die of a Broken Heart

Not as many years ago...

Davina made a mistake in coming back for Rhaenyra's name day. She was having to much fun too when Viserys handed over a scroll. She stared down at it.

"This is a shit apology." Davina remarked tearing it up.

"Titus Lannister."

"Lannister's didnt learn I see." Davina remarked. "I miss Daemon, I love Daemon."

"Davina I know, I know, I know you do but father begged me. He made me promise!" Viserys shouted and Davina stared back at him. "Grandsire as well. They didnt care for Daemon but for you. They both made me promise that you would be matched with a good and noble house. Father made me promise I wouldnt let you marry Daemon."

"I don't understand. Why would he do that?" Davina whimpered.

"Because he didnt want you to die of a broken heart." Viserys whispered.

"You, you viserys are breaking my heart." Davina corrected as she headed out and Viserys slumped to his seat. How had they fallen so far?

It seemed with every miscarriage Aemma had Viserys tried harder to match davina. It gave him something to focus on between each pained moment, blood seeping around Aemma.

He loved Aemma, he had been with her for years but it was hard to love her at times when all he felt was Davina's hatred for him.

+

Titus stared back at his aunt. She couldnt be serious.

"Didnt she kill Cesar?" Titus corrected.

"Yes, well it was an accident. Honest it was." Ciera assured.

"Terrible accidents I assure you. Tyland is on the small council and he spoke with the king. He is determined to get his little sister married, she is well past the age for marriage and should be reproducing by now."

"She killed her last husband." Titus reminded her.

"Her dragon."

"I veto this idea." Titus declared.

"Don't be so dramatic, you will be fine, much handsomer and kinder than Cesar, Gods bless him." Ciera muttered. "But she will love you."

"And if she doesnt?" Titus countered.

"Run fast?"

"You are useless." Titus declared as he marched off.

"I just heard." Tyanna declared and slapped her brother in the face.

"Tya!" Titus declared.

"You are going to marry a princess? I hate you." Tyanna shouted slapping him again.

"I dont want to. She kills her husbands." Titus reminded her.

"You think she's prettier than me, thats it, isnt it?" Tyanna snapped.

"What? I've never met her." Titus corrected. "You are my sister, my twin, I love you so much." Titus assured.

"If you loved me you wouldnt be so willing to fuck her!" Tyanna declared as she stomped off. "I don't want to talk to you ever again!" Tyanna declared.

"Tya! Tya! Don't be like this! I love you! I want you!" Titus shouted.

"Go fuck yourself Titus." Tyanna countered slamming her door shut.

"What the hell did I do?" Titus countered. "Fine!" He shouted down the hall. "I will marry the princess and she will love me and you will have to deal with that. I bet she is prettier than you!" Titus declared. "She's going to love me and I'm going to forget your stupid name and stupid face and... Tyanna take me back." Titus whimpered running to her door.