chapter sixty five

Chapter 65

"I knew he probably did not love me, but I adored him anyway."

*flashback continues*

He looked at her with a frightened expression, his eyes constantly scanning first her lips and then her forehead, which was dripping with a few drops of sweat. He wished he could speed up time. So that they can finally get up and leave this damned place. He'd rather put her to bed now and pull the stitches on her wound back into place. He did not understand why the wound healed well at first, and suddenly, with any small physical activity, its stitches were torn, which can lead to inflammatory activity.

He took in a heavy breath and sighed as he watched her head rest against his shoulder.

"Drink it." He reached for the plastic bottle placed by his left side.

It was already almost half empty, but still he handed it to the young woman sitting next to him and waved his shoulder to get her head off his shoulder. She looked up at him and noticed a glimmer of concern in his eyes.

With a deep breath and without a word, she took the bottle of water in her hand and took a gulp.

"Thank you." She gasped, closed the bottle and rested her head back on his shoulder with her eyes closed.

Chishiya smirked and slowly tilted his head back, resting it against the wall. He felt Aina's hands touch his hoodie on his arm and clench the fabric in her fist. She took a deep breath through her nose and added with a smile on her lips, "That hoodie is so soft."

"Is it?" he couldn't help but smile at her remark and rested his eyes on her again.

She was still in the same position, facing his arm, crossing her right leg over his. She wanted to be as close to him as possible, even if it meant laying right on top of him.

"I would also like to hide in it with you." She whispered this time as she opened her eyes and lifted her face up to look at him.

His smirk played on his lips again. One corner of his lips always curled up, which was symbolic for him.

"What are you doing?" he suddenly asked with a curious tone in his voice as he saw Aina slowly pulling away, reaching for the hem of his zipper on the hoodie and pull the corner it outward so that she could wrap it around herself a little as well. She lay back on his shoulder saying, "It's better this way."

"You're such a weirdo." He chuckled as his palm stroked her sweaty hair. He felt her shiver slightly under his touch, which made him smile. Again and again he found himself smiling in her presence.

He moved his palm to her forehead from which he brushed away her wet, sweaty bangs. He saw that her eyes were closed again and was glad to see that she was trying to rest. This was the moment when, looking at her sleeping face, he could let his thoughts fly freely in his mind.

Taking a deep breath, he leaned his back against the wall with his arm wrapped around her, bending his left leg at the knee while Aina's thigh was draped over the other. This whole game made him even more convinced that what he feels about her is too real to not be true.

Even though he kept trying to push it all back to the back of his mind, he couldn't stop thinking about her kisses, her touches. Yes, even from the beginning he was attracted to her, he couldn't deny that. He did all this only out of the belief that he would use her for his plan and that he would let his desire for her do the work. He kept repeating it to himself. It was just supposed to be: a plan and a distraction. As always. Just like in the real world.