🂹 25 🂹

"Maybe we were meant to meet, but not to be."

Chapter 25

Chishiya was still leaning just above Aina. His eyes briefly looked towards Kaito who was standing a few meters away from them. He shifted nervously from foot to foot, trying to keep his feelings of anxiety behind his gates.

Aina suddenly took Chishiya's left hand into hers, causing his gaze to drop back to her.

Her lips curled in a small smile, which he liked so much that he bent down even more. His right hand touched her hair and slowly dug his fingers into it. He gently pulled her to him and connected their lips in a kiss.

Aina's heart was pounding with happiness so hard she thought it would jump out of her chest. She couldn't believe it was really happening.

Chishiya kissed her almost the same way he had the first time in the Borderland. Except for one exception, and that was that this time their kiss was much softer and shorter. But for both of them, it was something they will never forget.

Chishiya was only doing this so that the boy who was still hanging around wouldn't stand a chance with Aina. But when he kissed her, he felt something that changed his thinking for a small moment.

He was confused by this. He had no idea what he was feeling right now. During the kiss, he felt heat on his chest and tingling in his stomach, and he couldn't tear his eyes away from the person standing in front of him. It was like the world slowed down right before his eyes and for some reason he liked it.

Aina smiled a little and a soft laugh escaped her lips, causing Chishiya to smile as she did.

Chishiya leaned over Aina's shoulder to see if Kaito was still standing and smirked when he didn't see him there.

Neither of the two of them noticed that Kaito had left during that time. He couldn't look at it.

"We seem to be alone." Chishiya laughed softly.

Aina frowned at him and quickly looked behind her. She grabbed her forehead with her right hand and gently brushed her hair back. She let out a loud sigh, but finally decided to look at Chishiya again.

"Did you know when I would come home from work?" Aina asked him with a questioning look on her face.

"Yeah." He replied sternly and slowly leaned against the wall behind him.

"How?"

"I asked." Chishiya pointed his finger at the gate in front of their house and suddenly took the hood off his head.

"Your parents said that you will be coming in a while. So I waited outside." He put his hands in the pockets of his hoodie and watched Aina's expression with a smirk on his lips.

"Didn't they ask you anything?"

"They asked me who I was. I said I'm your friend." Chishiya sighed loudly and suddenly straightened up. He looked like he was about to leave.

That's why Aina managed to grab his hand, which made him stop and give her one of his looks.

"What is it between us anyway?"

"I don't know," he shrugged before the right corner of his mouth lifted into a small smile and finally added, "Do you?"

Aina did not expect such an answer.

"You just kissed me. Friends don't do that." She said with a depressed tone in her voice.

"Don't be ridiculous, Aina." Chishiya chuckled.