chapter forty seven

"It's always my fault, isn't it?"

Chapter 47

♥ If there are any mistakes, I am really sorry, but it is too late here and I need to go to sleep. I will check it tomorrow. ♥

*the flashback continues*

Chishiya took a quick step in the direction of the stairs leading to the roof where the unknown sniper was staying. However, he strongly suspected that the unknown person would be Niragi, since he had not seen him on any camera.

In the right pocket of his hoodie, he gently squeezed the handle of the weapon he had made in case he ever needed it. Yes, he had another, ordinary handgun, but he no longer had any ammunition for it, and that forced him to make his own weapon. He didn't tell anyone about it. Neither Aina nor Kuina. He knew that he should keep such things to himself.

In the other, left pocket, he hid a box of stolen cards that he managed to take with Kuina's help while the whole bunch of Executives and Militants were busy.

Aina and her group of people managed to go beyond the corner of the building, where everyone crouched. Aina did the same, causing a sharp pain in her side. She hissed in pain, to which Asahi leaned over and said, "Do you need help?"

Aina just smiled and answered her even through the pain, "No, it's okay. You should focus on yourself, Asahi."

"That would not be right. You also wouldn't leave me here if I needed help." Asahi whispered.

It was nice to hear such a thing. She didn't expect that even after such a hell that Asahi had to go through, her behavior towards others would be considerate.

She smiled at her, and immediately turned her gaze forward, in front of her, where Usagi was standing a few centimeters in front of her, and just in front of her was Arisu. They were all crouched to the ground so that no one could see them. Everyone heard loud gunshots in their direction. Aina's throat tightened as she heard several screams of pain immediately after the gunshots rang out.

"Arisu, can you see something?" a voice spoke from behind Asahi.

It was Tatta who was cringing like everyone else.

"Someone is firing from the roof. There are a lot of dead people everywhere." Arisu called from the front.

Aina took a deep breath so as not to notice the pain caused by the bullet that hit her body earlier.

"How do we get through here?" Usagi asked.

"We'll have to run." Arisu answered promptly, his gaze resting on Aina, who was crouching a little lower than before.

Her whole body was sweating under the surge of pain that was electrifying from her side down to her legs. She closed her eyes and let out a loud hiss as her bottom hit the ground. She sat down with her back against the wall of the building behind her.

"I don't think it's a good idea." Asahi said suddenly, scanning Aina's sweaty face with her eyes.

Her breathing was irregular, but she tried to regulate it with deep breaths. She was successful. Even when she did not make any strenuous movement, the pain subsided.

"If you're considering me, don't do it. Really, I'm fine. I just – I just need to rest a little bit." Aina said.

She then swallowed loudly and stared into Arisu's eyes. They were full of fear. He was worried about her, even though he knew what she, Chishiya and Kuina had caused. He forgave her as soon as he saw her sad eyes with which she looked at him when he was caught in the royal suite.