🂱 72 🂱

"It's crazy how trauma makes you push people away when all you want is love."

𓆩𓆪 𓆩⟡𓆪 Chapter 72 𓆩𓆪 𓆩𓆪

"What did I do wrong?" She asked herself in whispering voice. Soaking the sheets of her bed from the tears, she sat up and looked at the bracelet she found before, the one from The Beach, the one she tried to show Chishiya tonight. The madness she felt in instant moment wanted to make her throw it across the whole room. With tears in her eyes and breaking voice she just let the bracelet fall onto the ground.

Meanwhile, in the sterile confines of the hospital, Chishiya was working tirelessly through the night, his mind consumed by thoughts of her. He couldn't shake the image of her tear-streaked face from his mind, couldn't silence the echoes of their argument that reverberated in his head.

With each patient he attended to, he felt a pang of guilt gnawing at his conscience. He knew he had hurt her, knew he had pushed her away, but he couldn't find the words to apologize, couldn't find the courage to confront his own inner demons.

Moving from one room to the next, tending to the needs of the sick and the injured, he felt a sense of emptiness gnawing at his soul. He longed to be by her side right now, to hold her close and tell her how much she meant to him. But he was trapped in his own world of self-doubt and self-denial, unable to break free from the chains that bound him.

As the night wore on, both of them lay awake in their own beds, he tried to sleep without not thinking about her. About what he said to her tonight. As he was recalling the words that left his mouth, letting her slowly go away, letting her leave, he wanted to pick the phone and call her, to make her feel better, to apologize for what he said, for what he did. Sitting up on his bed, he looked through the messages they ever sent to each other. With a loud sigh he stood up, walking to the balcony with his naked chest and lower body part hidden under his grey pants, he was able to grab a box of cigarettes from the table near the window. Pushing the phone into the pocket of his pants he opened the door to the balcony, stepping outside while putting one of the cigarettes between his lips. Lightning it up, he leaned on the railing, he started looking in front of him then above him, watching the bright stars and missing her like crazy. A light breeze was tickling skin of his chest, but he really didn't care.

The only thing he could think about was her and her only. The way she always makes him feel, the way how he never can't take his eyes off of her, the way she never could stop talking about nonsense. About the letters, a now about that one damn bracelet. He wanted to believe her, he really wanted that. The things they went through together, the things she knew about him without even asking about them before made him think about it all very much often. He tried to look for the letters. Many, many times. To find a real evidence of everything she was talking about. He just couldn't find anything.

꒦꒷꒷꒦

In the days following their heated argument, Aina's world became shrouded in a thick fog of sadness. Each morning dawned with a heaviness in her heart, a relentless ache that refused to be soothed. Three days had passed since she last heard from him, three agonizing days of silence that felt like an eternity.

"Hey, is something wrong? You don't look all right." Kaito, who hadn't spoken to her in days, even weeks, spoke up from behind his desk in the office, since certain things that she didn't like to think about had come up between them. She furrowed her brows at his remark and sighed something to the effect that she was just tired. Fortunately, their conversation did not branch out further. But when it was time to go home, she felt a scratch in her throat. Even then, she knew she was starting to get ill, which was certainly helped by her mental health and the worries that had been occupying her head for the last few days.