chapter forty

"You have no idea how bad it gets."

Chapter 40

*flashback continues*

However, she slowly put the glass back on the bar and then looked at Arisu, who was still recovering from her touch. But it didn't take long before Aina decided to pat him on the shoulder and say, "Come dance. You'll see, you'll come up with other ideas. We all need a little of that, don't we?"

Arisu hesitated for a moment, but finally stood up and Aina smiled at how quickly he obeyed her. She grabbed his right wrist and pulled him forward at a slow pace.

They meandered through the crowd until they found themselves on the dance floor. Even though the music that was playing at the moment wasn't exactly Aina's cup of tea, she decided not to deal with it and started moving her hips from side to side while Arisu swayed from one foot to other.

You could say it was a bit of a strange sight for Aina to see Arisu dancing. She didn't think that he  would be able to obey to go dance with her. However, she was glad that it happened, as she struck him as the kind of boy who is kind and can sacrifice himself for the good of the world.

That's why she felt sorry for the trouble she was trying to drag him into. But she was doing it for herself.

"I'm going to get a drink. Do you want too?" Kuina spoke up as she and Chishiya watched a couple nearby dance to one of the hackneyed club songs.

Chishiya looked annoyed at Kuina, who saw the boy's expression. He didn't exactly look thrilled at the sight of Aina getting too friendly with someone who should be a part of Chishiya's plan. He really felt apprehensive.

But at the same time, he felt his chest burning when he looked at her. It was as if he felt jealous of who Aina was spending a time with.

A stinging sensation ate at his insides and his lungs expanded with each deep breath he took to try to slow his heart. Well, it didn't help. On the contrary,it was getting worse and worse, and that's why he decided to break the suffocating pain in his chest by giving Kuina one look and adding, "I'm going for a walk."

"Wait, Chishiya! Where are you going?" Kuina shouted after him, watching him as he made his way through the crowd to the heavy metal door of the room, which he opened with one hand and disappeared.

Kuina smirked at Chishiya's cowardly run away from his problem, crossing her arms over her chest and rolling her eyes towards Aina and Arisu who hadn't stopped dancing.

However, the smile fell from her face when she saw Usagi stop not far from the pair and then quickly walk towards the exit. Kuina furrowed her brows as she saw Arisu running after her and the two disappearing behind the doors.

After a while, Aina also stood out from the crowd, approaching her friend, Kuina. A soft smirk graced her face as she knew the dilemma she had caused in Arisu's head.

With a smile on her lips, Aina leaned against the wall next to Kuina, exactly where Chishiya was standing a moment ago.

"Where is he?" Aina asked, referring to Chishiya, who she didn't see anywhere.

"He saw you with Arisu, so he probably better disappear. He said he was going for a walk, but we both know he didn't just leave. Right?" Kuina put the cigarette between her teeth and again, as always, gently bit the filter of the cigarette.

"Was he mad?"

"He looked as if nothing happened. But I think it must have bothered him."