🂨 28 🂨

"For you, a thousand times over."

Chapter 28

*flashback continues*

(please, if you do not remember what happened in the last flashback, read it again)

"What does it mean?" People around started whispering to each other.

Suddenly, after the instructions were given, Chishiya noticed Masaru walking confidently towards the knife table. Three other players appeared next to him.

They all wanted to reach for the knives at the same time, but since there were only three of them, they started arguing with each other.

Aina noticed an elderly woman standing in the corner shedding tear after tear.

"Fuck off! Everyone!" Masaru's deep voice echoed through the room, and he was holding two knives in his hand, which he managed to take from the table.

He aimed them at three other players, causing one to get so scared that he fell to the ground.

"And, we're screwed." Aina muttered to herself, looking at Chishiya.

"We still have this." Chishiya looked towards Aina with a smile who was currently standing only a few inches away from him.

Aina furrowed her brows and watched with her arms folded across her chest as Chishiya reached first into his pocket and then behind the hem of his pants.

Aina looked into that pocket where Chishiya hid the electric taser. She also noticed the protruding barrel of the gun he had tucked into his pants.

"Where did you hide it?" Aina asked in a low voice.

Chishiya looked up and fixed his eyes on Aina's, burning with curiosity.

"I won't tell you anything. You don't know how to keep your mouth shut." Chishiya sighed and gently bounced off the wall he had been leaning against until now.

Aina knew that Chishiya was unfortunately right and therefore decided not to contradict.

The entrance door to the palace opened. It was a large double door, opening inwards.

"Ladies first." Chishiya gently bowed his head in a gentlemanly gesture and let Aina step in front of him.

However, Aina was not the first to enter. Masaru and two other unknown players entered before her.

With a slow step, she crossed the threshold of the door and began to notice the surroundings of the inner space of the palace.

It was a large hall with several antique couches. Just looking at them made you want to lie down and sleep. There also was a large comfortable couch under the large window through which the sun's rays streamed in.

For a brief moment, Chishiya stared at Aina walking in front of him. He watched as her long hair waved around her shoulders with each step she took.

With a quiet sigh, however, he finally turned his eyes to the room where they all suddenly found themselves.

He raised his head and saw a large staircase leading upstairs.

Suddenly, the creaking sound of doors closing was heard from behind them, signifying that all the players were in the gaming arena.

Aina stopped in the middle of the hall and Chishiya stood right next to her. He was so close that the sleeve of his white hoodie brushed against the skin on her arm.