🂱 05 🂱

Chapter 5

"I just took one look at you, and then - there was just no turning back."

*flashback ends*

"I'll check your hand now." He pointed his finger at Aina's hand and began to touch it gently. Aina almost jumped out of her skin then. She wanted so much to throw herself around his neck, she wanted to feel him close to her, but at the moment it was not possible. That's why she tried to be calm, even if it was very difficult for her.

"Does it hurt?" he looked at her face and saw Aina staring at him with her mouth slightly open. His heart beat a little faster than normal, and for a few seconds he was lost in the sparks of her eyes.

"No, it doesn't." She replied, which forced him to snap out of the trance in which Aina had put him into. He raised an eyebrow and took a deep breath as he carefully placed her hand back on the bed.

"The patient's arm does not hurt and her vital signs are normal." He said towards the doctor standing a few meters away. Chishiya touched the quilt covering Aina with his fingers and flipped it to one side to reveal her legs.

"What about the leg?" he said as he looked at Aina's bandaged leg. She just smiled softly and answered: "Only when I walk, but I can already walk without barrels."

Chishiya nodded and turned back to the doctor who was making notes in his papers as Chishiya dictated to him.

"It looks like you really will be able to go home tomorrow. Are you looking forward to it?" the doctor spoke after a long moment of silence, by which Chishiya was also standing at this moment with his hands in the pockets of his white doctor's coat.

He didn't look excited, like he was constantly thinking about something and was nervous about how a single look from Aina could throw him off. He was still wondering how it was possible she knew him by name, how it was possible that she was saying things that he didn't remember. From the beginning, he only took her as someone who needed medical help. But the moment he started to feel strange in her presence, he couldn't ignore the feeling. His mind told him that he was stupid, but his heart suggested the opposite. He himself is not even a person who would rely on his feelings, but this case was something different for him than he had ever experienced.

"Yes, I'm glad." The girl lying on the bed grimaced a little at her answer. There were several things in it. On the one hand, she didn't want to leave just to see Chishiya, but she also needed to have her old life back. She thought she might go to the hospital sometimes, but that would be too obvious. Therefore, she immediately put this idea behind her head.

And ask for his contact? She was 100% sure he wouldn't give it to her, and even if he did, he'd give her a number that wasn't his.

"All right. If you want, you can contact your parents so that someone will come for you. Or if you want, we can let them know." The doctor added.

"I'll let them know, thanks." Aina nodded and then watched as the doctor walked around Chishiya to the door with a smile on his face. Chishiya stood there with an unreadable expression on his face and watched Aina. She looked at him without saying a word and finally sighed.

"Chishiya, come." The doctor called to him from the door, breaking eye contact with Aina. He turned towards the door and quietly left the room.

Aina was swept away. She didn't know what to think, why Chishiya had been acting like that lately. That's why she just rolled the quilt back over her legs, grabbed her phone from the bedside table and texted her mom.