🂱 09 🂱

Chapter 9

"He set fire to the world around him but never let a flame touch her."

Aina smiled at Chishiya's message and then locked the phone and placed it next to her with a smile still on her lips. She couldn't get over what he wrote to her. She was happy that he took her advice and did not take the envelope to higher places than he had planned. Then her phone beeped again. But it was a message from Arisu.

Arisu : What's that number?

Aina : It's Usagi's number. Chishiya got it for me. It's okay.

Arisu : Thanks, although I don't know if it's a good idea. She just replied to my messages on Instagram.

Aina looked at the phone screen and the message from Arisu in disbelief.

Aina : That's amazing. What did she text you back?

Arisu : For now, we only talk about nonsense. I don't want to rush it

Aina did not reply to this message, she lay down in bed and thought. She was happy for Arisu that he was finally able to reach out to Usagi. But would it be very inappropriate if she was a little jealous of him? After all, she had a little more difficulty with Chishiya and it was slowly getting out of her hands. She knew that with every moment she spent with him, she lost control of herself more and more. She felt like she was at a dead end. Chishiya only called or texted her when he had new information from the hospital, but for her, those were the least of her concerns at the moment. Her first priority now was to help him remember. However, are his memories more important to him or to her?

With tears in her eyes, Aina wanted to turn on other side, but then her phone vibrated by her left leg. She reached for it as quickly as possible and took it in her hands. She wiped the tears from her face and turned on the mobile screen.

Chishiya : Tell me more about those letters.

Aina took a deep breath and quickly blinked her eyes. She couldn't believe her eyes. Chishiya asks himself about the letters she mentioned to him in the park. She gasped and started writing a not very long message. Meanwhile, Chishiya was sitting on a bench in front of the hospital, from which he should have left an hour ago, but he was in no rush. No one was waiting for him at home. While he was waiting for Aina to write him back. He took out a pack of cigarettes with a lighter from the pocket of his black jacket. He put it between his lips, drew the air in with his mouth and slowly lit his cigarette against the fire from the lighter. He didn't know if Aina would write him back at all. Well, he waited, and she hesitated for a long time to click the send button.

Aina: I will tell you about them, but in person.

"Huh," Chishiya mumbled as he read the message and let thick smoke escape from his mouth.

"Well then. See you later." he said to himself, putting the cigarette back in his mouth and writing back to Aina with a positive answer as he took a slow drag. As he sent it away, he stood up and, with his left hand in the pocket of his black jacket, walked out along the sidewalk, away from the hospital grounds.

Aina : I'm going to the hospital tomorrow for a check-up at 8:00am. Can we meet there?

Chishiya : I'm not working tomorrow, I have school, but I'll come.

Aina: But, you should go to school.

Chishiya : It's not your bussines.

The smile disappeared from Aina's face. She was afraid that she had exceeded the limit of Chishiya's patience. She couldn't get used to the fact that he was like the way he was at the beginning when they met for the first time. Even in Borderland it took a long time to find their way to each other. But she never thought she would go through the same thing one more time. But this time it was worse because she remembered him. She remembered the moments with him, while he had no idea about them.