chapter fifty nine

At the prompt of his voice, Aina turned towards him and watched with a heavy breath as Chishiya slowly pulled away with a smirk on his lips and turned his gaze in front of him.

Aina was suffering every second as she realized how Chiyoko had sent him a text with a stupid smiley at the end without any shame.

She looked at her own legs, which were tapping gently from nervousness, and put her hands in her lap.

Chishiya had already noticed how stressed she was before they entered the hotel door, but now he knew it was much worse. He saw her shaking legs and that's why he decided to put his left hand on her bare knee.

Her eyes then met his again and she felt like she was looking into them for the first time.

His touch on the skin of her leg helped as he reassured her that she really had nothing to fear. And certainly not someone as Chyioko.

However, Aina still couldn't help herself and still wandered with one eye over the crowd of people sitting on the seats in endless rows, looking for the one person who was currently consuming her entire experience of tonight with her presence.

But it was in vain, she did not see her anywhere.

Chishiya was watching her every move, but he pretended he didn't. On the one hand, he found it funny how jealous Aina was, but on the other hand, he didn't like how nervous she was about it. That is why he decided to lower his gaze to her knee, on which his hand was resting.

Aina gasped as she felt the circular motions of his finger on several spots on her skin around her knee and finally her thigh.

She could see how he traced the places of her skin where the moles were with gentle movements of his finger.

A small smile played on his lips during all this, and that's when Aina forgot about the fear and stress that plagued her. It was strange how much influence they had on each other.

They both felt similar things. At first, it was as if the flame of the candle flickered wildly when they were close to each other, but eventually it burned steadily. It was so calm.

Maybe that's what they both needed. They needed a place where they felt safe enough to be themselves.

Aina's breath calmed and she looked into his eyes with a smile.

It was precisely this tracing of moles on her body by his fingers that she missed. Therefore, with a smile on her lips, she leaned on his shoulder and placed her hand on his, intertwining their fingers.

For Aina it was a few long, boring minutes that passed. She didn't understand a single word the lecturing doctors were saying.

She exhaled excitedly as the break was announced. Everyone started to get up on their feet and go for refreshments.

She took Chishiyas hand and pulled him along, signaling him to follow her, which he did without a word, and they stopped at a nearby table with a pile of food and wine.

Several waiters suddenly appeared among the people, distributing food and drink. However, Aina managed to use both hands to take two untouched glasses full of bubbly champagne.

With a smile on her lips, she handed one glass to Chishiya, who did not take his eyes off her for even a second.

He was afraid to say it, but his eyes always betrayed him in the way his gaze admired her from top to bottom.

"After all, it's not so bad here." She laughed as soon as she took her first sip from the glass. Chishiya did the same as he drank as well.

"At least they have good champagne here, right?"