chapter fifty five

"And then, there is me, always waiting for you."

Chapter 55

Aina smiled softly at how he confirmed what he said a moment ago. The fact that he confirmed once again with his words that she is his girl, made her extremely happy.

Although he was still angry that someone else was allowing to insult her like Kaito did.

"Has he always been this violent to you?" He asked suddenly as he squeezed the steering wheel in his hands, concentrating on the road ahead.

"Kaito? Um, not really. It's only been happening for the last few weeks. As if his head was screwed up." She answered simply, leaning her elbow on the spot under the window.

"If it happens again, let me know."

"Why? How would you solve it?" Aina laughed mockingly, but when she noticed how his lips curled into a smirk, the laughter passed her by.

"I will solve it a little differently than today. You can be sure of that."

Aina looked away from him for a moment and furrowed her brows. It was as if he was implying that he could reach other places. To places she has no idea about.

Finally, she quietly turned her face gently towards his hands, which were gripping the steering wheel in their tight grip.

She watched as his hands tensed and noticed blood dripping from the back of his right hand. His fingers were bruised from the punch he had given Kaito earlier.

"We will stop at the store. I'll buy something to eat and then we'll go to my place. Is it okay?" He asked suddenly, what snapped Aina out of her reverie.

"Huh? Yes. Well then." She agreed without hesitation and took a loud, heavy breath before finally silently watching the lighted lamps and illuminated buildings pass by.

She wondered why he had invited her to his house again. She tried to figure out if he just wanted them to spend more time together, or if there was something more to it.

Then the thought crossed her mind about what if his father was also home?

She had no desire to meet him, even though she knew that moment would come and she would have to overcome it.

After a while, they found themselves in front of a grocery store that was not far from his house.

Chishiya parked the car in front of the store in a small parking lot and slowly turned towards the girl sitting next to him in the passenger seat. Aina could feel his gaze sliding up and down at her face.

His eyes slid from the tip of her nose to her lips and finally settled on her eyes, which were wide open. Her heart was pounding even more than before when he looked at her.

Chishiya was no different. The right corner of his full lips lifted gently upwards and he leaned his elbow on the headrest of the passenger seat with his right hand.

He leaned forward slightly, towards her.

Only then did she realize how close he was.

His scent hit her nose and she leaned the back of her head against the back of the seat.

Her head gently touched his hand, which he still used to lean on the spot behind her head.

She swallowed loudly and exhaled heavily, looking into his dark brown eyes.

She liked them so much. They were a wonderful sight.

So perfect that only the touch of his fingers on her hair woke her up.