chapter thirty five

"I wanted to feel loved without feeling like I was begging for it."

Chapter 35

*flashback continues*

Aina rushed down the narrow corridor with a quick step, leaving behind only the loud thump of her boots.

Out of anger, she bit her lower lip and roughly tucked the strands of hair behind her ears with her hands so they wouldn't obstruct the view. Several things were going through her mind. She couldn't understand why one moment he acts like he can't even look at her and pretends that nothing happened between them and a few moments later he tries to stop her from leaving him.

She was upset that she couldn't find her way around it. She lost herself in him and was most afraid of losing herself because of him.

Therefore, she chose a protective mechanism in the form of defiance. She couldn't let him do whatever he wanted with her. But she knew that even if she tried with all her might, she wouldn't be able to get rid of him.

Because she kept thinking about how he was looking at her all the time. The way his palm touches her body and the way he hungrily connects his lips to hers. She felt something for him and couldn't convince herself otherwise.

Chishiya was standing on the roof of the hotel, looking at the door that Aina had escaped through a moment ago. The left corner of his lips stretched upwards and he exhaled softly. He shoved his hands into the pockets of his white hoodie and took small steps closer to the edge of the roof. He straightened his back and tilted his head back. His eyes looked at the dark sky, which was scattered with many shining stars.

He felt a heavy pain in his chest that slowly suffocated him and at the same time pierced his back. It was as if the anger and sadness that he had suppressed many times was building up inside him and right now it was settling in the very place where his heart resided. Many people would think that a person who acts like him cannot feel. However, the opposite was true.

It wasn't hard for Chishiya to feel something. It was difficult for him to process his feelings.

.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

"Have you even been outside today? Every time I come here, you lie in the same position as before I left the room." Said Kuina while standing in front of the mirror by the door of the room.

Her dreadlocks were loose this time and she was adjusting the gold earrings on her ears.

Aina lay in bed, covered with a white quilt, thinking about how much she wanted to go home. About how she can't stand it here and how much Chishiya hurt her.

"I wasn't in the mood to go out." Aina sighed loudly.

She held the duvet cover in her palm and crumpled it between her fingers.

"You know," Kuina began, turning to her friend, "I met Chishiya. He asked if you had already started your work."

Hearing his name, Aina sighed softly and rolled her eyes in annoyance. Kuina sat down on the bed next to her and ran her hands through her hair, which she had pulled into a rubber band.

"I don't want to be mean, but his question was spot on. We're in this together, just so you don't forget."

"I'll start tonight, I promise." Aina's eyes rested on Kuina's face, which looked sad.