🃁 03 🃁

"I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light."

Chapter 3

*the flashback continues*

Chishiya couldn't understand where this girl, who looked like a wreck right now, had the guts to talk to him like that. It was something new for him, as he could not calculate how this girl would react to his teasing words.

"I don't have any superiority complex, I just always try to be on top of things and wake people back up to reality. That's what I'm doing right now." Chishiya's hands suddenly moved from his chest back to the pockets of his white sweatshirt. The zipper on his sweatshirt was slightly undone, exposing part of his chest. Thin strips of black fabric lined the seams of the sweatshirt at the top around the zipper and also around the neck. Aina's eyes suddenly scanned the boy's figure that towered in front of her, trying to figure out what he actually came here for.

He just stood there transfixed, hungrily waiting for a reaction from the other side. But none came. Only Kuina's loud sigh came from the direction of the girls.

"Could you stop? I don't know what you're up to, but you're just making this situation worse." Kuina said while stroking the sore Aina's shoulder in circular motions.

"I've come to find out who you brought with you and if she's a fit person to stay here." Chishiya said as he casually looked around the room with his eyes.

"You don't trust me? After all, we won as the only team in the game. We are here, alive. She's good and deserves to be here." Kuina hissed at him as she started to stand up from the bed to gain more authority over Chishiya.

The boy crossed his arms over his chest again and lightly licked his upper lip as he sighed.

"Fine, but you should take her to the Hatter. You know he doesn't like things happening behind his back." He answered promptly and his eyes fell on Aina who was sitting idly on the bed.

"You say that as if you ever care about his dos and don'ts."

"It's not that I'm interested or not interested. He likes games, so I suggest a game for him. But he doesn't know about it yet." Chishiya laughed quietly and sighed deeply again when he looked at Aina, and found her lying on the bed, puffing contentedly.

Kuina also turned towards the sleeping girl and rolled her eyes as she turned back to Chishiya.

"You should go now." Kuina put her hands in the same position as Chishiya's and waited for him to deign to leave the room.

"And you should tidy it up here." Chishiya smiled and left the room with his always calm face.

*flashback ends*

"Aina."

When he said her name, an electric current ran through her body and she couldn't keep her eyes from his. Her eyes fell on his lips, which were still smiling at one corner.

"How did we meet?" came out of his mouth. Aina's eyes opened wide and she stared at Chishiya's face.

"Come on, I'm really interested." He said as he kept looking at her.

"No, you don't care." Aina said, unwillingly turning her gaze back in front of her. She took a deep breath and placed her palms on the soft white quilt that covered her body.

"Why do you think so?"

"I know you too well not to know that you are just trying to get inside my head and want to find out what is hidden there." She snapped with tears in her eyes. But she tried to suppress them, she didn't want him to know that the memories of him made her cry.