Chapter 31

Bucky's pov

"He's right guys," Natasha starts. "Most of us here have killed. She needs a home, not a prison." She finishes. "She's right. She needs a family," Bruce chimes in. "Mr.Stark, she kept Morgan and I alive. Not only that, but she got you guys back. Isn't that enough?" Peter asks. "Fine," Tony sighs. Peter smiles, I look over to Steve who hasn't said anything. "Steve, can I talk to you?" I ask. He nods and I take him into another room.

  "What's on your mind punk?" I ask. "How did they break you?" He asks. This takes me by shock. "Sorry?" "How did they get to you?" Steve asks. I take a deep breath and think for a moments. "Well, they beat me for days on end. Then they told me that they killed my mother and my three sisters. Rebekah was the only one that escaped, since she died in the 2000. They showed me a videotape of them shooting my mother. They they told me that you died and that the Y/n I knew was gone for good. I felt defeated. I didn't know what to do or how to react. So once they wiped me, it was over," I explain.

  Steve hugs me. "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you Buck," Steve apologizes. I pull away and look at him. "Belie it or not, I'm kinda thankful for them," I confess. Steve looks at me confused. "I wouldn't be here with you, keeping you out of fight," I laugh. "And I wouldn't have met the love of my life," I tell him. "I guess that's true. So, you really like this girl huh?" Steve asks. I smile and I can feel my cheeks turn red. "Let's head back," I suggest.

  Once we get back Wanda, Shuri, and Y/n walk out. I run up to her and hug her. "Hey James," she greets. She sounds drained and tired, but it's her. I know because she called me James, she never really understood why I had like three different names. "The two of them should get some rest. Tomorrow we're going to test to see if it worked. If it didn't we'll send you guys back and we'll have to come up with a new way. But it shouldn't come to that," Shuri explains.

  "I can't wait to get back home! Do you guys know how much school I've missed? OH MY GOSH!" Peter exclaims. "What?!" We all ask in confusion. "I need to call MJ and Ned!" Peter announces. We all roll our eyes. I look down to Y/n who's gripping my shirt and has closed eyes. "Let's get you in bed," I tell her. She nods and we make our way out of the room. "We'll see you guys later," I say and we head out. We hop in the elevator that will take us to her floor. I pick up Y/n, she's fighting sleep but failing. It's like a child refusing to go down for a nap. But if you think about it, for her she was reliving all this, technically not even resting. Poor girl hasn't slept in weeks.

I pick her up and carry her to her room. I roll down the sheets and take off her shoes. I bing the covers up and right as I'm about to leave Y/n grabs my shirt. I turn around and look at her. "can you stay?" She asks in a groggy tone. I smile and walk to the other side of the bed. I take my shoes off and hop in next to her. I look at my watch and see that it's 7:39. As I'm laying there Y/n rolls over closer to me. Her head in on my chest and she has her right arm around my torso. "just like old times," she says. I smile and eventually I let sleep consume me.

Y/n's pov

  I end up waking up in a white room. My eyes take a moment to adjust. Once they do I realize that I'm on a bed, my wrists and ankle are ties down. Making me panic slightly, but I'm to tired and drained to fight back. "Hello Y/n, welcome back." I look up to see Shuri and Wanda. I feel so tired and drained, not to mention the worst headache ever.

  "I'm going to undo the restraints, but tell me, how do you feel?" She asks. I close my eyes and rest my head back. "Tired, my head hurts," I tell her. Why is my Russian so strong right now? I normally cover it up pretty good. "That's normal. I'll send you back to your room so you can get some rest. Once she undoes the last restraint I sit up. The moment I stand up and my feet tough the floor I get a throbbing pain in my head, making my knee's buckle. I see a quick image of my Peter but then it's gone. Shuri and Wanda are able to catch me before I hit the floor, then my arm just deactivates and goes limp.

"Sorry," I apologize. "It's ok. What happened? Did you see something?" Shuri asks. "I-" then I stop myself and shake my head. I get myself up and grab my arm. It ends up comes back on and it readjusts it's self. Once I walk out of the door I see James. He runs up to me and hugs me. I hug him back and grab onto his shirt. "Hey James," I greet. Taking in the smell of sandal wood and pine trees. I smile at the fact of being back in his arms.

I feel so tired, everything feels so foggy too. "The two of them should get some rest. Tomorrow we're going to test to see if it worked. If it didn't we'll send you guys back and we'll have to come up with a new way. But it shouldn't come to that," Shuri says. "I can't wait to get back home! Do you guys know how much school I've missed? OH MY GOSH!" Peter exclaims. "What?!" I hear everyone ask. I open up my eyes to see Wanda and Vision hugging. Telling by her body language, she's tired but some how energized. It's probably cause she's young. I end up chuckling at this thought. "I need to call MJ and Ned!" Peter announces.

"Let's get you in bed," Bucky says. I nod my head, still gripping onto his shirt. "We'll see you guys later," Bucky says. As we're walking out I'm holding his hand and leaning against him for support. Once we're in the elevator I'm fighting sleep. I can feel my legs start to loose their balance. I lean against Bucky and hold onto his shirt again.

I don't know why, but I can't risk loosing him. I feel Bucky pick me up bridal style. I'm completely out. I feel Bucky place me in a bed. Before he get's to far, I grab his shirt. I can tell that he turned around, "can you stay?" I ask. I can feel him entire the bed. One he's situated, I roll over to him. Seeing that he is a human heater, I get close to him and cuddle up. "just like old times," I say practically asleep. I eventually am overcome by sleep.