Christmas special p.t. 4

Y/n pov
  Come 3:30, I hop on my call with Raynor. Once that's done I decide to go for a walk. I didn't tell anyone, I just left. I walk down about a mile away from the house. I kneel down in front of three grave stones. "Hey guys. Merry Christmas." I lay a rose on each grave stone. I can feel a pair of eyes on me.

  I grab my knife and through it to where I suspect the eyes to be. "Shit," I hear Bucky yell. "Shit," I yell back. I run over to him and see that the knife sliced his arm. Not to bad. I think.

  "What are you doing here?" I ask. "I wanted to check up on you," he says. I take off my sweatshirt and wrap up his arm. "Aren't you cold?" He asks. "I don't get cold, not here," I tell him.

  I can tell that Bucky's eyes go over to the grave stones. "Is that why you wanted to come here?" He asks. I look over to the graves and sigh. Bucky wraps his arms around my torso as I look at the grave stones. "I miss them. My father would read us a book every Christmas Eve by the fire. I miss that. When Peter and I first came to Hydra and it was Christmas, it was hard," I explain.

  "I had to protect him. I tried to give him a decent Christmas. But that day they beat me so bad that I couldn't walk. I forced myself to look happy for him. I stole him a can of soup and bread. I ran to a market and found a bracelet that I stole. I gave to him and he said that he loved it." I can't help but smile at the memory. "I just, I wish that I had one more day with them," I sigh. "I know. Come on, lets go back inside. Your freezing," Bucky says.

  We walk back to the house and I get started on dinner. Once Morgan is in bed, I open up the rooms and we all start to bring the presents down my the fire place. We didn't have to to get a tree so we decided to just go with the fire place. Once there all down we play a few games and drink some of the whiskey that was in the cellar downstairs. Soon enough everyone goes to bed, leaving it just me and Bucky. And not long after he heads to bed.

  Once everyone is asleep I go into the old room that Peter and I would sleep in. I sit on the white sheet that covers the bed. I let out a long breath and sigh. I hang my head and look over to the night stand. I sigh and grab the picture. With my metallic hand, I trace over the faces of the happy family.

  We're standing in front of the house. Mom is holding Peter on her hip, he can't be any older then three. And Dad has his arms wrapped around me. My small hands link with his. We look so happy. But then I am brought back to reality with the door to the room opening. I look up to see Bucky with a soft smile.

  He walks over and sits next to me. "This was the room that Peter and I shared," I start. "We would play together over there with the blocks in the chest," I tell him, pointing to the corner with a wooden chest. It used to be a spruce chest painted red with horses dancing around it. Time hadn't been good to it.

  I lean against Bucky's chest and sigh. "I miss them," I sigh once more. He wraps his arm around me and kisses my forehead. "I know doll. I miss my family too," he adds. He had a sister and a mother. In a way, we really are meant each other. We share similar demons and similar pasts. We sit there in silence for a while, and eventually we end up going to bed.

  Come morning, I get up to make breakfast and everyone opens their presents. Once noon comes, everyone packs up and starts to load the snowmobiles. As their finishing packing up, I visit the graves one last time. I say my dues and leave. As I walk away, a tear rolls down my cheek.

  We end up getting to jet and home in no time. Once we're back at the tower, everyone takes their showers and we all spend our nights doing our own thing. I'm laying on the bed, reading a book that I snagged from the old cabin. Bucky walks in with a tray of hot chocolate and cookies that he and Steve baked. I sit up and smile at him.

  I pull him in by the collar, "thanks soldier," I smile. I go in for a kiss and for the rest of the night, we sit on our bed and watch Christmas Vacation and watch the snow fall from outside of my balcony. This truly was a wonderful Christmas, and spending it with Bucky made it even better.

  "Oh, doll. I forgot to give you something," he says. I look at him with a puzzled look. He leaves the room and comes back shortly after. In his hand is a perfectly wrapped gift. "I had Wanda wrap it. It's- well you'll see." He hands me the present and I take from his hands. I unwrap it and see a small box.

  I carefully open it and what I find inside is truly amazing. It's the bracelet that I got him way back when. It has black and red beads and a charm with a silver bear. It was in perfect condition. "How did you get this?" I ask Bucky. "I found it in the drawer of one of the old rooms. I know what it's like not to have something of a sibling. I thought that this would cheer you up," he says with a smile.

I place it on my wrist and pull him in for a kiss. "You have no clue how much this means to me. Thank you," I smile. The rest of the night is calm and filled with movie watching. I end up falling asleep on Bucky's chest. What a wonderful Christmas.

Merry Christmas, happy Hanukah, happy kwanza, hand happy new year!!!!! I hope you all have a blessed holiday!