Chapter 40

Y/n pov
  I'm in a bed room. A man and woman are dead. Their body's lay lifeless on the bed. "No, not this again," I sigh. I look around, I can't run into that girl. There's a door on the other side of the room. "If I don't open it, I won't see her," I say to myself. I close my eyes and try to wake up, wanting this dream to end.

  I open my eyes, but instead of waking up in bed with Bucky the little blond haired girl is standing right in front of me. "No," I breath out. I shake my head and back away. I look down to my hand to see a pistol in my right hand.

  My hand starts to raise against my will. "No! Get out of here," I command. The girl just looks at me and against my will I pull the trigger. Her body falls limp and her once silky pink night gown, not turns red. "No.  NO!" I fall to the ground and start to put pressure on her stomach where I shot her. "No! Come on! Wake up!" I yell, putting pressure on her wound. Then she disappears.

  I look o my hands, stained red. "It's your fault." I turn around to see the Red Soldier. I jump to my feet and and back up, shaking my head. "NO! No your wrong! I didn't have a say," I try reasoning. "Do you really believe that lie?" She asks.

  "I-I," I stutter. "Take a look at yourself," she says. The scene changes and I'm standing in front of a mirror in my old uniform. My hair, long and unmaintained. My eyes covered in eye black, the mask covering my face. I shake my head and close my eyes. "You were made to kill. You ARE a murderer. There's no escaping it. Just let me out and I can fix it," he tempts.

  "No! I got rid of you! Your not real! This is just a dream," I tell myself. "I'm apart of you. You may have silenced me, but I will resurface. Then what will you do? How will people see you? People will find out what you really are. An object, an untamed animal, and monster," she says.

  Suddenly I dart up and I'm on top of a roof top in the middle of the city. It's dawn, probably around 6:30 or so in the morning. I sit up and grab my pounding head. "What the hell?" I can feel something on my face. I go to touch it and realize that it's my mask. I freeze. I quickly stand up and walk over to a metal door, leading into the building. My entire body freezes.

  How did I get up here? How do I have my old uniform on? It's the one I had from over ten years ago. How is this possible? What did I do? Did I hurt anyone? I start to hyperventilate and freak out. "I have to get back to the tower," I say, forcing my feet to move.

  I finally turn away and sprint towards the tower. "This, this is apart of the dream," I try to tell myself. How did I get this suit? There's no explanation for any of this. And why is it the same dream very night? What's wrong with me? Once I'm back at the tower, I grab a grappling hook from my belt and entire in through my balcony window.

  Once I get in, I see that Bucky isn't in bed. I start to freak out. Where is he? What happened? I walk over to the bed and I start to panic. My breath starting to become short and ragged. I hear a knock on the door and I panic. "Just a sec," I yell. I run to my closet and grab some clothes. I quickly undress and throw on a pair of black leggings and one of Bucky's shirts. I throw my uniform into the closet and shut it.

  I open the door and I see Tony. "Hey, oh.. um, trying to do makeup?" Tony asks. "What?" I ask. I sound frantic, I need to calm down. "Oh um, yes," I respond. Calm down Y/n, it's fine. "Umm, the meeting is set up for 11:30. So, be ready," Tony tells me. Right as he's about to leave he turns around. "And maybe get Wanda or Nat to do your makeup," Tony adds.

  I laugh it off and nod. Once he leaves, I slid down my door and sigh. "What the hell happened?" I ask myself. I get up and walk to the bathroom. I see that I do in fact have make up on, meaning that it wasn't a dream. How did I get suit though? I grab a wipe and start to get the makeup off of my face.

  Once it's done, I walk out and into the kitchen. I see that Steve is making breakfast. "Good morning Y/n, Bucky just went down to the gym. He was looking for you earlier," Steve says. I look to the clock that reads 7:28 in green lettering. "Oh, umm, ok," I say, my voice coming out shaky.

  Steve looks at me with a look of confusion and concern. "Everything ok Y/n?" He asks. "Umm, yeah." Shit, why do I sound like this? "I, uh, have to go," I tell him, sprinting out of the room. Who do I see? Who do I tell? Do I tell anyone? As I'm walking through the halls, I end up running into Wanda and Nat.

  I go around them, but they end up stopping me. "Hey Y/n, how are you feeling about today?" Wanda asks. I turn around and fake smile, "Fine." I look at them and I can tell that they saw right through it. I'm a better liar then this. What the hell is going on with me? My hands start to become really sweaty, and it feels like the room is shrinking.

  They look at each other, then back to me. "It'll be fine Y/n," Nat smiles. I smile back and then rush off. As I turn the corner I can here Nat comment, "Was she acting weird to you?" "Yeah," Wanda replies. "Do you-" "Yes I will," Wanda cuts off Nat. She's going to look through me head! My eyes widen and I stiffen up and freeze. I won't let her in. I just need to get to the roof and lay down for a bit. I need some fresh air.

  It's thirty minutes till the interview and I still haven't come back from the roof. For some reason my hearing has become a lot stronger then normal. I can hear them looking for me. I know I need to go down, but I don't want to. I force myself up and make my way downstairs. The first person I run into is Tony.

  "There you are! We've been looking for you," he exclaims. "You need to get dressed, there's a dress laying on your bed. Once your dressed meet us outside in the front of the tower," Tony commands. I nod and rush to my room. I see a pair of black jeans and a black long sleeve top. The neckline is heart shaped and the shirt is fitted. I quickly braid my hair in a fancy loose Dutch braid.

  I make my way to the elevator and to the main entrance. I feel like throwing up. Once I'm in the main entrance, everyone has out cameras and are taking pictures of Tony and stuff. "Hey Y/n, you look beautiful," Bucky says. I turn around and smile.

  Get it together Y/n. "Thank you!" I smile. "Now, I would like to introduce you to our newest member. Y/n Y/L/n!" Shit.