Chapter 44

Y/n pov
Once I'm finally back  I head to mine and Bucky's bathroom. I walk out and see him sleeping peacefully in bed. I smile at his restful figure. I walk over to the bed and lay next to him. I inspect every little inch of his face, taking it all in. 

Bucky's eyes open and I look away. "Hey doll. Sorry I didn't stay up," he apologizes. "Why? You have no reason to be sorry James," I smile. I feel like I should tell him that I went out. He should know, besides, maybe he could find out what went wrong. "Hey James," I start. He looks at me and smiles. "What's up love?" "I-"

Then the door opens and Tony walks in. "Wake up kids! Time for breakfast," Tony shouts. Bucky sits up, revealing his bare chest. "Woah there soldier, put on a shirt!" Tony shouts, covering his eyes. "Dude, I'm not naked. I just got hot," Bucky explains. I laugh at James flushed red face. "What ever cyborg, get dressed and meet us in the kitchen. We're going to have a team breakfast. Peter's joining us since he doesn't have school."

I jump up and out of bed. I grab Bucky's shirt and slide it on him. I kiss him on the lips and pull him up out of bed. "Come on Zima!" I exclaim. Tony leaves and Bucky get's up. He stumbles his way over to the bathroom and starts to brush his teeth. "Your in a good mood," he smiles.

"Did you sleep well?" He asks. To be honest, I'm exhausted. I feel drained but, he thinks that I slept so I have to play along. Also when I'm with Bucky, I always feel happy, and I get to see Peter. "Yeah," I smile. Once he's done brushing his teeth we meet everyone down stairs and at the main kitchen.

Bucky walks over to the cabinet and grabs us both a cup of coffee. I end up sitting next to Nat on my left, and Sam fills in the seat next to me. Bucky looks at me, shrugs his shoulders, and smiles. I smile back and shrug my shoulders. I look over and see that Steve is staring at me. He quickly looks away the moment my eyes meet his.

  Bucky takes a set next to Thor and Steve. He slides me my coffee from across the table. Tony walks over with plates in his hands. Pancakes, eggs, bacon, smokies. We all start to dig in and enjoy the meal in front of us made by Pepper. I decide to just stick to my coffee, seeing that I wasn't super hungry. "Y/n, aren't you going to eat?" Sam asks. "Not quite hungry," I tell him with a smile.

  To be honest, I'm just to tired to do anything. The last full nights sleep that I've got was about five days ago. Every night since then was like an hours worth, due to nightmares, and the fear of sleeping. Once everyone is finishing eating Tony starts talking. "Well, we've all been through this before and we know that it's not fun. However this has to happen, especially since people now know of Y/n's existence. It will go on for at least two hours if we're lucky," Tony says.

"We are going to explaining Y/n's side. You should have all received and email from me saying which parts of her story that we leave off. These will be off limit. The hope is that with Bucky's it will be similar," Tony finishes. "The meeting is at twelve. We will have to leave here at 10:30. We all need to look our bests. Remember that people will be out to get her, but we've been through worse," Steve says.

"Any questions?" Tony asks. Everyone stays silent, until I speak. "What am I supposed to be expecting?" I ask. "That's a good question. Unfortunately it's different for every case. Their going to ask you questions and try to catch you off guard. Their unpredictable and will try to get in your head, but you'll be fine," Steve says.

"Great," I say sarcastically. "It'll be ok Y/n, you'll be fine and we'll all be there," Bucky says. I look at him and smile. He always brings me comfort. Once everyone is done their breakfast, I follow Nat and Wanda into their room so they can get me ready. They start of with my makeup, a simple smoky eye, along with a dark pink almost brown lipstick.

  They start to curl my hair and pin back the front. As their finishing up, Nat asks a question. "How are you feeling about all of this?" She asks. "Fine," I respond. Wanda and Nat exchange a look with each other. "Really?" Wanda asks. "Yes," I reply. "This stuff is no fun, it's ok if your scared. I always am when I have to do these things," Nat says.

  "I've seen Red Skull first hand. I've been beaten to a pulp, I've had my mind wiped. Nothing fazes me anymore," I tell them. "Am I done?" I ask. They both nod. "Your not going to wear that though, right?" Wanda asks. I look down to see cargo pants and one of Bucky's T-shirts.

  "I'll go change," I tell them, walking out of Wanda's room. I make my way to mine and Bucky's room. Which is four floors down from Wanda's. As I reach my floor I head to my room. When I walk in I see Bucky getting ready. "Oh hey Y/n," he greets. He's looking in the mirror, trying to tie a tie.

  I walk up to him and take it from his hands. I start to tie it for him, and I can feel Bucky's eyes on me. I can feel myself get hot and flustered. "Umm, there you go," I tell him, looking towards the floor. I walk out and into the closet. I grab a long sleeve black shirt. The neck line is a simple square neck. I slip it on and walk over tot he dresser.

  I grab a pair of gloves from the one drawer. There a simple black leather gloves. I slip them on and then grab a pair of black jeans. I slide them on while James is still fixing himself. "Hey, what was that thing that you wanted to tell me?" He asks from the bathroom. "Oh uh, I can't remember," I lie. He peeks his head out of the bathroom and his eyes go wide.

  "You look gorgeous," he says with a gaped mouth. I look at him and smile, "thanks." I look over to the clock that reads 11:25. "I guess we better be heading down," I tell him. "Sure thing love," he smiles. He puts his arm out for me to grab, I take it it's my real hand and he leads me out of the room.

  As we're waiting in the elevator, Bucky breaks the silence. "Will you tell me when we get back?" He asks. I smile and nod, and we make our way to the car.