Chapter 24

Bucky's pov

  After the image that Wanda showed us we all just stand there with our mouthed gaped. No one dared to say a word, not even Tony. The screen is black, and then we start to hear screams. I look down to Y/n and her face shows signs of pain. Then a blurry image comes on the screen. It starts to come into perspective, but that's when we find the meaning behind the screaming.

  "Oh no," I breath out. They have her in the chair, they haven't even taken care of her bandages. "How much longer?" A voice asks. "Give her another hour," I hear Red Skull say. "She's already been in it for three hours. She could die," the voice protests. "She won't." Three hours?! How could they do that to her? She's shaking uncontrollably, covered in sweat and blood. Her blood curdling screams fill the room. "Wanda next," Tony says. For once I agree with him. I don't want to watch that.

  I look down to Y/n who' clenching the metal part of the bed. You can hear the metal break and bend beneath her fingers. The image is still playing in the background, Y/n's face is scrunched and contorted. She's in pain, Y/n starts to breath heavily and short. I can hear her heart rate start to rise. "Wanda!" Tony snaps. Then the screen goes back to black.

  Y/n's still breathing heavily and she still looks scared. How come she feels this when I didn't? I grab onto Y/n's hand and rub it with my thumb. Her face starts to lighten up and go into a resting position. I stay there, holding her hand, while the rest of them don't say a word. "Why did they do that?" We all turn around to see Peter standing at the door. His face is white and scared.

  "What are you doing in here kid?" Tony asks in a calmer voice. "We heard screaming," Shuri responds. Peter walks up to Y/n and looks at her. "Why did they do that to her?" He asks. No one answers. "She disobeyed orders. She tried to get her brother out, but she couldn't escape," I tell him. I can feel tears start to well up in my eyes. My doll was in so much pain, and I wasn't there to save her, or even help her through it.

  Abruptly, a new image comes on the screen. It's Y/n curled up in a ball on the floor of her cell crying. We all turn out attention to the screen. She has her arms wrapped around her torso. Then the cell to her door opens. It's a doctor. "Eirkenstine?" Steve asks himself. "It'll be ok. I have some meds that will help with the pain," he says. "Steve, why is he at Hydra?" Tony asks. "He said that he was forced to work with Hydra before he started working with the SSR. I guess he worked with Y/n," Steve responds. The image goes to her laying on a table in a white ground. It looks like their about to perform a surgery.

  Then the image goes to another one. She's strapped down to a table, in the corner is Dr.Eikenstine holding a needle with a blue liquid. "Super soldier serum," Steve says. Y/n seems to be around eighteen. Standing by the door is Red Skull with a grin on his face. "Start the procedure," Red Skull order. Eikensine looks sad. He walks over to Y/n with the needle. "I'm so sorry," he mouthed. "Pain only makes you stronger," she says. Her voice doesn't sound the same as it did. It's so sad, it's like she's given up. Who could blame her?

  Then the image skips to her training with random soldiers. Her fighting has gotten even better and she's gotten stronger. She's built, yet still looks skinny, probably from them not feeding her. The image flips to her training outside and running up a mountain, trying to keep up with a snow mobile. It's then her on missions.

  The one that starts playing catches our attention. "Wait, isn't that Wolverine?" Tony asks. We've had a couple of run ins with the X-Men. "I think that is," Steve confirms, taking a step closer to the screen. Images of her training him go by, her talking to him at night, that stuff. Her breaking him out of Hydra. Now, she's alone.

  "How come she never told us that she knew him?" Steve asks. "She didn't know Steve. She didn't know any of this. Wanda is finding this for the first time. When she wakes up she's gonna have a bunch of random memories," I tell him in an annoyed tone. Steve was never the brightest, but I mean come on man. Suddenly there's a scream, turning our attention to the screen. Who's screaming? It's not her voice.

  Then I realize where she is. "Bucky, is that where I think it is?" Steve asks. I don't move. It's were it all began, the experiments, the training. It's back in Austria, it's when my team got captured. I honestly forgot about that memory. Y/n roaming the halls, and it looks like she has blood on her. "How old is she?" Tony asks. "She must be twenty-six or so," I respond. "But she looks like she's twenty," Natasha adds. "They already started icing her," I tell hem. "What does that mean?" Sam asks.

  "It's how Steve and I still look like we're in our mid twenty's." "They froze her," Steve finishes. "Who did she kill though?" Peter asks. Then the screening starts back up. I can feel my back stiffen and fear entire my body. As Y/n's walking she stops into a room, and she see's...me. I'm strapped down to the table, their trying to scramble my brain. I have some sort of IV bag in my arm with a white liquid.

  Everyone is silent. Both Red Skull and Zola are there, standing over top of me. "What are they doing to you?" Bruce asks. They didn't have the chair yet, or not in that building. So instead they have wires attached to my temples. They end up pulling the wires off of my head, and I struggle to catch my breath. Y/n's just standing there, watching me. Two guards undo my restraints and start to carry me away. Right as we're about to exit the room, Y/n jumps up and into the vents.

  "Bucky, what did they do to you?" I can hear Tony ask. It's so quiet that no one else heard, but I could. I never knew that she was there, or maybe I did and I just suppressed the memory. As I'm watching the two guards drag me I can feel a tear run down my face.