Chapter 41

Y/n pov
"Y/n Y/L/n!" Tony introduces. I walk outside and see a big crowd of people standing around the entrance. My heart starts to palpitate and my body goes numb and cold. People are clapping and I look back to Tony who's waving me on.

I turn my attention to the people, and collect myself. People calm down and now, all eyes are on me. Shit, what do I say? No one told me what to say. I look down and see cards on the stand. 'I knew you wouldn't know what to say so here you go, Tony'. I smile and take a deep breath.

"Hello, my name is Y/n Y/L/n. I was born in 1915 in a small town in Germany. I know that most of you are wondering how I am still alive, well it was very similar to Captain America and Sergeant Barnes. I was frozen and was kept alive through that way. I-" I freeze. Shit. "I was taken by Hydra when I was eight. I first met Captain America when I was on a mission. I met Sergeant Barnes when he first came to Hydra. I helped him survive and taught him everything that he knows. I was forced to do things against my will, just like the Winter Soldier. Not only did I teach him, but I've also taught the Black Widow what she knows."

I look over to Tony who's looking at his phone, then to Bucky. He looks at me, smiles, and gives me a thumbs up. "I was an assassin against my will. The Avengers found me and saved me. I have been with them for the last four months. I am not the person I was, I regret my past and I joined them so I could protect people, not hurt them," I tell them, reaching the end of my cards.

One reporter raises his hand. I look at him and nod. "How did they find you?" He asks. "Through a Hydra raid," I respond. I watch him write something down then another hand pops up. "Yes?" "How did you come to Hydra?" She asks. "I was taken," I tell them. "And what of your parents?" She adds. I blink away a tear threatening to fall. "Killed. Next."

"How do we know we can trust you?" Another person asks. "Just kill Sergeant Barnes, the Wakadain's fixed my mind." "Why where the Avengers gone for two weeks?" Another lady asks. "Hydra," I respond. "Did yo have something to do with their kidnapping?" She asks. I shake my head, "No. Not at all."

Flashes from cameras start to go off and start to feel flustered. "How do we know we can trust you? How do we know that your not going to turn against us?" A man asks. I start to freeze, not knowing how to answer. "Who where you?" Another one asks. "How many people have you killed?"

Everything starts to become so loud, and I start to feel like I'm shrinking. I start to become littered with questions. One right after another. "Ok, ok. I will be taking questions from here on out," Tony says, now standing in front of me. Bucky walks up and takes my hand. He guides me off of the makeshift stage and leads me back inside.

"Come on doll," he whispers into my ear, taking my had in his. Once I'm back inside, a sob leaves my lips. My legs give out and I fall to the floor in tears. "Hey hey hey. Shhh. It's ok," Bucky says in a comforting voice. He takes me in his arms, I grip onto his shirt and cry into him. "It's ok doll. It's over now," he says. I can't help but sob and cry. Bucky just hugs me and loves on me.

It's now 2:30 pm. The interview is done and Tony walks in from the interview. Everyone is in the main living room. "Well, that went better then planned," Tony starts. I'm laying on the couch with my head in Bucky's lap. I feel drained and tired. Bucky's been stroking my hair and rubbing my back.

"Tony, how did that go good?" Steve asks. "I didn't say that it went well, I just said that it's better then expected," Tony replies. "These people can be brutal, trust me. I know," he adds. "They where all over her," Clint comments. "I admit that there wasn't a lot of prep but we needed to get this out of the way. We all have a meeting with the board tomorrow at noon," Tony says.

Why did I say yes to this? This was never a good idea. "For what?" Steve asks annoyed. "They want to make sure that she's safe," Tony explains. "Well isn't this an inconvenience?" My eyes widen and I dart up from Bucky's lap. That voice, it sounds like Red and Korbin. "Y/n, are you ok?" Bucky asks.

I stand up and rush out of the room. I turn down the hall, my mind is racing. Maybe I'm just hearing things, that has to be what's going on. I turn the corner and see her standing right there. "Your just in my head. Your not real," I say pushing through the voice. "You should have killed them."

I make my way to my room and lock the door. I head into the bathroom and lock that door as well. I can hear his voice, telling me to kill people, to turn into her. But I can't do that. Especially now that people know who I am.

Bucky's pov
I wake up and roll over to where I would normally see Y/n. Only thing though is that she's not here. Maybe she already got up? I get up, get dressed, and head out of our room. I walk out to see Steve sitting on the couch reading. "Hey Stevie, did you see Y/n?" I ask.

"No. Was she not in her room?" He asks. "She probably just got up early," I say, mostly to myself. I make my way to the training room, but she's not there. I go to the gym and again, she's not there either. I go to the shooting range, and once more, she's not there. Maybe she went for a walk or run. She's fine, I reassure myself. I end up going to the gym and carrying on with my day.

It's about fourth minutes till the interview and I still haven't seen Y/n. I end up running into Tony in the hall. "Hey terminator, have you seen Y/n?" He asks. "Uh no. I haven't seen her all day," I tell him. We all start looking for her. Eventually though, I have to stop and get dressed.

She'll be fine. I get dressed into a black fitted suit. I pull back my hair into a low bun. Once I'm put together I head down stairs to the main floor. Right on time, Y/n comes down. She's wearing Planck jeans and a black shirt, looking gorgeous as ever. I smile and come behind her and say, "Hey Y/n. You look beautiful."

  She smiles, then Tony introduces her and she get's up and onto the stage. She looks so nervous. Something's wrong, and it's not just the interview. Y/n goes on with the speech and then gets bombarded with questions. Tony realizes this and walks up to stop the conversation. I go up and grab Y/n. Once we're inside and away from windows, she drops down and breaks out into tears.

  She cries for a little bit. I end up taking her up stairs and we lay on the couch. She lays on my lap, with sobs every now and then. I play with her hair, hoping that it will help calm her down. Eventually she does, I can tell though that something is on her mind. I put on a mindless show for us to watch.

  Eventually Tony comes in and him and Steve start going off. I listen into the conversation, as much as I want to join. I just sit there and play with Y/n's hair. Out of no where, Y/n sits up in a panic. "Y/n, are you ok?" I ask. She then rushes out of the room. We all watch her leave in looks of confusion.

  I end up standing up and we all just look at each other. "Is she ok?" Steve asks. "No, something's wrong," I respond. "She's been strange," Wanda adds. We all look over to were she left in looks of confusion.