107

The medical tent hummed with an anxious energy as Max, Lewis, and Lexi sat, each recovering from the intense crash that had unfolded just moments ago

The medical tent hummed with an anxious energy as Max, Lewis, and Lexi sat, each recovering from the intense crash that had unfolded just moments ago. Their physical injuries were minimal, but their emotions were in turmoil, and their voices quickly rose in a heated argument, fingers pointed in blame.

"You should have backed off, Lewis! You saw me coming!" Max yelled, frustration clear in his voice.

Beside them, Lexi sat in silence as a medic checked her blood pressure, her eyes distant. The medic, noticing her lack of participation in the ongoing argument, took a moment to address her. "How are you feeling, Ms. Heroux?"

Lexi glanced at the medic, her voice calm but distant. "I'm fine."

The heated argument continued between Lewis and Max, their voices growing louder and angrier. Lexi winced at the rising tension and the sudden increase in volume.

Seeing Lexi's discomfort, the medic let out a frustrated sigh. "Enough! You two need to stop arguing. You're only stressing her out more."

Lewis, concerned for Lexi, turned his attention to her. "Ally, are you okay?"

Lexi closed her eyes for a moment and released a tired sigh. "Just a bit stressed."

The medic checked her blood pressure reading and frowned. "Your blood pressure is extremely high. I'd recommend finding a quiet place to rest."

He turned to Lewis and Max, his expression stern. "And you two, take it somewhere else." Max scoffed, not liking the medics attitude.

Max cast a worried look at Lexi. "You sure you're okay?"

Lexi nodded, opening her eyes to meet his gaze. "I'm fine." She nodded at her friends. As they sighed and turned back to each other, muttering further insults, she turned to the medic and leant towards his ear, whispering. "I have PTSD." She murmured. The medic nodded in understanding, and sent an irritated look to her friends.

"Do you need anything?" He asked. She shook her head and smiled in thanks.

Behind them, Max and Lewis' voices were getting louder once more. "I can't believe you didn't see me coming! It was your mistake!" Max shouted.

Lewis let out a frustrated laugh as the medic that was checking him over left the room. "Oh, come on, Max! You can't just shove your way past everyone and expect no one to be there!"

"I was making a move! I had a chance to overtake! Lexi was doing exactly the same as I did - but you don't blame her!"

Lexi once again found herself caught in their crossfire. She closed her eyes and leaned back, attempting to drown out the bickering that had erupted around her.

'You took that chance recklessly. I had nowhere to go." Lewis hissed. "If you hadn't been so stupid, I wouldn't have lost control and hit Lexi."

Max laughed, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "Oh, sure, blame it all on me like you always do!"