73

Three hours had passed in a whirlwind of music, laughter, and excessive drinking

Three hours had passed in a whirlwind of music, laughter, and excessive drinking. Carlos and George were now extremely drunk, and Alexandra was teetering on the brink of a blackout. They sang at the top of their lungs and danced with wild abandon, the club's atmosphere a chaotic whirlwind of euphoria.

On top of a table, Alexandra danced, her inhibitions completely abandoned. They were lost in the moment, and in their intoxicated haze, they didn't notice the arrival of Daniel and Max.

As Daniel and Max approached the group, confusion marked their expressions. Alexandra, catching sight of them, threw herself into their arms, wrapping them both in a tight hug. They returned the embrace, but their concern was evident as they took in the state of Carlos and George, who looked relieved to see them.

Max, questioning why they hadn't informed anyone that they'd found Alexandra, was met with a drunken response from George. He explained that Alexandra had taken their phones and issued an ultimatum: stay with her or she'd leave. It was a choice they had reluctantly accepted.

Daniel, still hugging Alexandra, told her how glad he was to see her okay. She laughed, but the laughter was tinged with a profound sense of sorrow. "I'm not okay," she admitted, her voice soft and filled with vulnerability. "I'm never okay."

This confession sent a wave of worry through Daniel and Max, and they exchanged a concerned glance. The revelry of the night had given way to a stark reminder of the deep pain that Alexandra carried, and the challenges that lay ahead for her and those who cared about her.

As Alexandra reached for the nearly empty bottle, Max reacted swiftly, pulling it away from her grasp. Her intoxicated anger flared, and she turned on him with a fiery intensity, pushing him away. Max raised his hands in a defensive gesture, hurt evident in his eyes as he watched his best friend act in this uncharacteristic manner.

George attempted to intervene, his voice filled with concern as he tried to reassure Max and Daniel. He emphasized that Alexandra was okay and safe with them, fearful that they might set her off and provoke her into further anger.

However, Max and Daniel remained steadfast, their primary concern being Alexandra's well-being. Max held her still, preventing her from reaching for the bottle, while Daniel grabbed her bag and returned Carlos and George's phones to them.

As Alexandra fought against Max's grip, she spat out hurtful words, telling him that she hated him. Max's expression shifted from hurt to deep sadness, his concern for her overriding his own feelings.

"Get off me, Verstappen! I hate you!"

Daniel tried to reassure Max, speaking softly. "She doesn't mean it. She's trying to upset you so you'll leave her alone."

But Alexandra wasn't finished. She turned her ire toward Daniel, her words cutting deep. "Shut up...Look at you, always acting so good, so happy. It's bullshit. Everything about you is bullshit." she accused him, her voice filled with bitterness. "You're fake."