08

As Lexi stepped out of the movie set, the darkness of the night enveloped her, but she was taken by surprise when she saw a familiar Ferrari waiting nearby

As Lexi stepped out of the movie set, the darkness of the night enveloped her, but she was taken by surprise when she saw a familiar Ferrari waiting nearby. The window rolled down, and there was Charles with a warm smile.

"Hey, Lexi. Need a ride home?" he asked, the concern evident in his eyes.

Lexi couldn't help but feel touched by his thoughtfulness. "You didn't have to come all the way here, Charles. But yes, I'd appreciate a ride."

As Charles drove Lexi to her hotel, the warmth of their conversation eased the tension she had been carrying throughout the long day of filming. As they arrived, Charles turned to her with a gentle smile. "I hope you don't mind that I ordered some food for you. I know how busy you've been, and I don't want you skipping meals."

Lexi's heart swelled with gratitude for Charles's thoughtfulness. "Thank you so much, Charles. You didn't have to do that, but I really appreciate it."

Charles got out first and quickly hurried to the other side of the car to help an exhausted Alexandra with her bags. With a small smile, she thanked him, and the two quickly made their way inside the hotel. 

Outside Alexandra's room, Charles hesitated, unsure of whether to enter or not. He knew she was exhausted, and the considerate part of him urged him to bid her goodnight and let her rest. However, when Alexandra reached out to pull him into a hug, he couldn't resist the warmth of her gesture, the familiar smell of her vanilla perfume pulling him in closer.

"Thank you for the ride and ordering food," Alexandra said, her voice soft and grateful. "I really appreciate it."

Charles returned the hug, feeling a mix of concern and affection for his friend. "You don't have to thank me, Lexi. I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

With a gentle smile, she invited him inside, and Charles found himself unable to resist. He followed her into the room, but a part of him still worried about how tired she looked. "I know you must be exhausted," he said, his concern evident in his voice. "Are you sure you want me to stay?"

Alexandra looked at him with a reassuring smile. "I am tired, but I'd love some company, Charles."

Against his better judgment, Charles crumbled under her warm invitation. "Alright then, if you're sure. I'll stay."

Alexandra grinned and leaned her head onto his shoulder silently for a few moments before sighing. "Do you mind if I take a quick shower?" she asked. "Maybe you can pick a movie and order us some wine?" 

Charles grinned. "Sure. Any preference?"

"On the movie? Or the wine?" she shot him a cheeky grin. 

"Both." Charles laughed. 

"Surprise me." Alexandra planted a surprising kiss on his cheek as she stood, moving to her hotel wardrobe to find a pair of satin pajamas. She quickly disappeared into the bathroom, and Charles let out a breath as he heard the shower begin to run.