61

Monaco was adorned with twinkling lights and a festive atmosphere as Christmas approached

Monaco was adorned with twinkling lights and a festive atmosphere as Christmas approached. Charles and Alexandra reveled in the magic of the season, cherishing the opportunity to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas morning together.

On Christmas Eve, the air was filled with the scent of freshly baked cookies and the warmth of shared laughter. Charles and Alexandra had transformed their kitchen into a cozy haven of holiday baking. Flour-dusted countertops and mixing bowls filled with batter created an inviting scene.

Alexandra playfully glanced over at Charles, her hands busy shaping cookie dough into perfect rounds. "You know, Charles, I've seen you drive an F1 car at high speeds, but I'm not sure your cooking skills are up to par."

Charles chuckled, his attempts at cookie decoration more enthusiastic than precise. "Hey, I'll have you know that cooking is a skill that takes practice, just like racing."

She grinned, her eyes dancing with mischief. "Well, I hope the cookies taste better than they look."

As they shared good-natured banter, the kitchen filled with the aroma of baking treats and the sound of their laughter. The cookies emerged from the oven, perfectly golden and fragrant. Charles's creations might have been a bit uneven in shape, but his enthusiasm was contagious.

Later that evening, they settled in front of the television, surrounded by blankets and the glow of Christmas lights. A lineup of festive movies awaited them, promising a cozy night of shared entertainment.

As they watched the movies, their laughter and commentary filled the room. Charles's playful protests about the predictability of some plots were met with Alexandra's good-natured teasing. The easy camaraderie they shared made every moment feel like a gift, a reminder of the simple joys that love and companionship brought.

As the movie reached a particularly heartwarming scene, Charles glanced at the clock and noticed that it was just past midnight.

With a soft smile, he turned to Alexandra. "Merry Christmas, Mon Ange."

Alexandra's eyes met his, the love in her gaze mirroring his own. "Merry Christmas, Amor."

Their words held a special significance, a recognition of the momentous day they were celebrating. In that quiet moment, the air seemed to hum with anticipation, and without a word, they leaned in, their lips meeting in a tender kiss. It was a kiss filled with the warmth of shared emotions, a symbol of their love and the magic of the holiday.

As they pulled away, their foreheads touching, Alexandra's lips curved into a playful smile. "You know, Charles, I think it's time for your first present."

Charles raised an eyebrow, intrigued. "Oh, really? And what might this present be?"

Alexandra leaned in, her voice a soft whisper. "It's in the bedroom."

A knowing smile tugged at his lips, and he gave a playful nod. "Well, then. Shall we?"

As they entered the bedroom, the air was thick with anticipation and a sense of intimacy. The twinkling lights from the Christmas tree cast a soft and warm glow, creating a cocoon of comfort and connection. Alexandra's playful mention of a present in the bedroom had set a tone of excitement for what was to come.