05

Alexandra stood in front of the mirror in her chic Austrian hotel room, her heart still racing with the excitement of the successful first weekend in Formula 1

Alexandra stood in front of the mirror in her chic Austrian hotel room, her heart still racing with the excitement of the successful first weekend in Formula 1. While it hadn't been an official F1 race for Lexi, the race had still been exhilarating, and both she and Charles had performed exceptionally well in their individual races.

Charles had secured an impressive second place, and Lexi herself had managed a commendable fourth-place finish - not bad for a trashy actress, as someone in the crowd had called out to her. The afterparty promised to be a night of celebration and revelry, and she wanted to look her best for the occasion.

As Lexi applied the final touches to her makeup, there was a soft knock on the door. She glanced at the clock, wondering who could be visiting at this hour, just before the afterparty was about to kick off. She hurried to the door and swung it open, revealing Charles standing there with a wide grin, holding a bottle of champagne and two elegant glasses.

"Charles!" Lexi exclaimed, pleasantly surprised to see her teammate at her door. His top buttons were undone, and his tie was loosely hanging around his neck, giving him a relaxed and carefree look.

"Hey, Lexi," Charles greeted her warmly, his eyes sparkling with joy. "I brought some champagne to celebrate our fantastic weekend." He didn't need to finish his sentence before Lexi stepped aside, ushering him into her room with a wide grin.

"That's so lovely!" she said with a bright smile. "I was just getting ready for the party, sorry about the mess. Make yourself at home."

Charles stepped inside, and the scent of vanilla filled the air from what he could only have assumed was her perfume. He placed the glasses on the table before moving to pop the bottle. Lexi flinched as he did so, and the two shared a quick laugh. Silently, Charles poured two glasses, and handed one to Lexi, before raising his into the air in a toast.

"To you," he smiled. "The best thing to come out of Hollywood."

Lexi blushed at the praise, feeling a rush of pride and...something else? 

"And to you, Charles, for your incredible race today...and...for being my favourite Ferrari driver."

"I'm so telling Seb you said that," Charles grinned as his eyes lit up in excitement at her compliment.

"Please don't." Lexi laughed.

They clinked their glasses together, the sound of celebration echoing through the room. As they sipped champagne, they reminisced about the thrilling moments of the race and shared stories of their favorite highlights. The tension and pressure of the weekend seemed to dissolve in the warm glow of their achievement.

Quickly, they'd finished their glasses, and Charles stood to leave. "I'd better let you get ready in peace-,"

"No! Stay!" Lexi protested. "I'm almost ready. Let's have another glass. You aren't intruding, I promise." she smiled, and patted the seat beside her. With a small smile, Charles nodded and moved to pour another glass.