92

The sun had yet to rise above the horizon, casting the world in a soft, lavender hue

The sun had yet to rise above the horizon, casting the world in a soft, lavender hue. The private villa they had chosen for their summer escape lay ensconced in a tranquil cocoon of nature, cradled by the lush greenery of the Mexican coast. The gentle lapping of waves against the shore was the only sound that punctuated the stillness of the early morning.

Charles stirred in his sleep, his eyelids fluttering open. He glanced at the peaceful figure of Alexandra, still wrapped in slumber beside him. He t0ok a moment to watch her, smiling softly as he saw her finally sleeping peacefully, not a single bad dream in sight as she slept.

As the first rays of dawn painted the room in a warm, golden glow, an idea took root in his mind.

With practiced stealth, Charles slipped out of bed, careful not to disturb the woman who had captured his heart. He tiptoed across the room and softly closed the bedroom door behind him, leaving Alexandra to her dreams.

The terrace beckoned, and Charles followed its siren call. The scent of salt in the air invigorated him as he descended the wooden steps that led to the private beach. The villa's location, nestled between verdant palm trees and the azure sea, felt like a slice of paradise carved out just for them.

Charles had a surprise in mind, one that would make this morning unforgettable for Alexandra. He had spotted a beachside spot perfect for an impromptu breakfast picnic. He smiled as he set the plan in motion, arranging a tray with care, arranging fruits, pastries, and a pot of steaming coffee.

Just as he was about to place the last item on the tray, Charles noticed the sun making its ascent into the sky. The first rays bathed the beach in a warm, rosy glow. He knew he had little time left before Alexandra would awaken.

Meanwhile, Alexandra stirred in her slumber, sensing a void beside her. Her eyes fluttered open, and she blinked in the dim morning light. Her gaze swept the room, and a fond smile curved her lips as she realized that Charles must be up to something.

That man was never awake this early on his days off.

Throwing off the covers, she slipped out of bed and donned a light, summer dress and bikini. Her bare feet padded silently across the room as she made her way to the terrace, the anticipation bubbling within her.

As Alexandra stepped onto the terrace, she was met with a breathtaking sight. Charles had set up a charming breakfast spread on the beach. The tray boasted an array of fruits, pastries, and a pot of rich, aromatic coffee. The sea stretched out before them, its waves whispering sweet secrets to the shore.

"Bongiorno, Amor," Charles greeted her, his eyes sparkling with affection.

"Morning," Alexandra replied, her voice still laced with sleepiness. She moved toward him, unable to contain her delight. "You're full of surprises, aren't you?"

Charles chuckled, the sound as melodic as the ocean's gentle waves. He reached out to draw her close, his arms enveloping her in a loving embrace. "Only for you," he murmured. "ciao bella,"