78

In the cozy living room of their Monaco apartment, Lexi couldn't contain her excitement as she sat down next to Charles

In the cozy living room of their Monaco apartment, Lexi couldn't contain her excitement as she sat down next to Charles. She had rushed to share her thrilling news with him, knowing that his support meant the world to her. The room was bathed in the warm, late-afternoon sunlight streaming in through the window, casting long shadows across the floor.

"Charles, you won't believe what happened today," Lexi began, her eyes gleaming with enthusiasm. "Christian asked me to race for Red Bull until Checo recovers. Can you believe it? I'm on loan to Red Bull Racing!"

Lexi expected Charles to react with the same level of excitement she was feeling, but to her surprise, his expression remained cautious. A furrow appeared on his forehead, and his lips pressed into a tight line.

"Lexi, I'm not so sure that's a good idea," Charles said, his tone measured. He leaned back in his seat, arms crossed over his chest, his gaze fixed on Lexi.

Her initial excitement began to wane as she furrowed her brows, puzzled by Charles's unexpected reaction. "Why? What's wrong?"

Charles hesitated for a moment, the silence in the room making it feel heavier than it was. He finally spoke, choosing his words carefully. "Lexi, you know Red Bull has a history of being ruthless with their drivers, especially rookies. Look at what happened to Alex and Pierre. Red Bull chewed them up and spit them out."

Lexi's initial instinct was to dismiss Charles's concerns. She had always believed that she was different, that her talent and unwavering determination set her apart from others. Besides, she held a deep trust in Christian and didn't think for a moment that he would ever treat her unfairly.

With a hint of frustration, she let out an exasperated sigh. "Charles, it's not the same. I'm not officially a Red Bull driver; I'm just on loan until Checo is back. And Christian... I trust him. He wouldn't do that to me."

Charles raised an eyebrow, his expression remaining skeptical. "Lexi, don't you think you might be seeing this through rose-tinted glasses? Red Bull is known for their cutthroat approach, and they won't hesitate to replace you if they're not satisfied - it doesn't matter how much Christian sees you as his daughter."

Lexi's excitement had slowly been replaced by a sense of defensiveness. She didn't want Charles to rain on her parade, especially when she felt that this was her chance to shine on a bigger stage.

"Charles, I appreciate your concern," she began, her voice steady but determined, "but I believe in myself. I've worked so hard for this opportunity, and I won't let anyone take it away from me. Besides, I've faced challenges before, and I've come out stronger. I'll prove to everyone that I belong there because I do belong there. I deserve this."

Their conversation had taken an unexpected turn, and the tension in the room was palpable. Lexi remained resolute in her determination to chase her dreams, but a lingering thought tugged at her, wondering if Charles's concerns held some merit.