Chapter 61

Akshara had insisted that Abhimanyu spend as much time as possible with Manjari considering the traumatizing event the two of them recently went through, she wanted Manjari Aunty to feel safe and not feel like she was stealing her son away. Abhimanyu had scoffed initially when she had mentioned her misgivings but had conceded after continuous persuasion. The downside of this was that all of Abhimanyu's very very brief free time was spent with Manjari leaving her barely any crumbs of his attention and love.

It had been a couple of days and Akshara felt grumpy, she just needed a hug from him dammit! She stomped to the cafeteria to get some sugar into her, if not Abhimanyu at least something sweet would provide her the serotonin she so desperately craved. She was deep in her thoughts, once again not paying any attention to her surroundings which resulted in her crashing into a very startled Abhimanyu who was surrounded by his interns, including a grinning Aarohi.

"Shit" she yelped out as she felt Abhimanyu stabilizing the two of them, with his hands on her waist

"How many times do I have to tell you to watch where you're going" he whispered in a low voice only she could hear but not even his reprimand could stop the smile growing on her face. The smile on her face was short lived though because his hands had left her waist. Nooooo! She needed more time with him and more of his touch.

Some of her lingering grumpiness bled into her voice as she apologized "Sorry, Dr. Birla" something in her tone must have warned him that something was amiss because he quirked a brow at her but she refused to look at him. Logically she knew it wasn't his fault but was it her fault that she was PMSing and she needed him desperately? No. There was no rationale where her uterus was concerned.

"Akshu, we were just getting food and discussing some cases for the week. Would you like to sit with us?" Aarohi slung a hand over her sister's shoulder and squeezed it tightly making the grin return on her face.

"Yes, please do Akshara, I have been dying to talk to you ever since I attended your sitar night the other day." One of Aarohi's colleagues, Dr. Sahaj Gupta said to her with such earnestness that she nodded happily. Did it hurt that she saw Abhimanyu roll his eyes, definitely not. Let him be jealous, maybe that will teach him to make time for her.

Soon everyone had left to find a table, leaving Akshara and Abhimanyu by themselves to order at the counter "Akshara Madamji , we were waiting for you, it has been too long" Akshara grinned up at the guy at the counter. "Sorry Ramesh Bhaiya, the last few days have been so busy." Before the guy could retort Abhimanyu interrupted them making her seeth "If the two of you are done with your chitchat, maybe you will spare some time to take my order?" his tone held no room for argument, making the poor guy jump. She glared at him before turning to the guy "Ramesh Bhaiya I was here first so I will order first" he gaped at her before guiltily looking at Abhimanyu who exasperatedly waved his hands around letting him know it was ok.

"Could I just get a brownie and an oreo shake?" just the thought of eating that much sugar got her hyped up, life was looking up even if she killed her boyfriend in the meanwhile, it would be worth it. Her joy was momentary because Abhimanyu once again chose to burst her bubble.

"She is not getting that, change the brownie to a vegetable sandwich" he demanded sternly but stopped short when he saw her breathing fire and giving him the death glare.

"No, he can have the stupid sandwich if he wants to, please bhaiya I really need the sugar" she pleaded so sweetly and made sure her eyes had teared up making both men jump.

"Haan haan, madamji, whatever you want" the guy ran around shouting instructions at his staff to hurry up. "Shit baby, why are you crying?" he sounded so torn up that her tears flowed faster, her hormones out of whack. "I just wanted something chocolatey, I don't want to eat your stupid vegetables" she spat out amidst tears, wiping them away hastily as they fell lest someone saw their exchange, thankfully the cafeteria was pretty quiet this time of the day.