Chapter 60

Her family was still upset and walking on eggshells around her which drove Akshara crazy. She appreciated how much they loved her but treating her like she was fragile was the exact reason she hadn't told them about it. It all came to a head a day before Kairav's return at the breakfast table when someone from their staff accidentally broke a glass behind her making her jump. Immediately her family crowded around her talking over each other to make sure she was okay.

"Busss. ENOUGH" she stood up pushing her chair noisily away from the table. "This is why I didn't tell you, you guys would worry and worry and treat me like an invalid when I don't really need it." At least Mimi and Badi Maa looked contrite but Bade Papa's anger was still evident all over his face.

"Bade papa I am sorry I didn't tell you, but it was because I loved you guys that I couldn't tell you. I admit that I messed up but can't you see why I did it?" she walked around the table to where he was sitting and took a seat next to him grabbing his palm in both her hands. "Don't you agree that you were reluctant to let me go to New York? Be honest and tell me, wouldn't you have called me back if you found out?"

Finally Bade papa looked down at their conjoined hands, "I felt like an outsider, if you had explained it to me earlier I wouldn't have felt so bad. Most of this is because I feel like I failed you." She was horrified to see unshed tears in his eyes and immediately tears gathered in her eyes, slowly rolling over her cheeks.

"Bade papa, I only hid it so you wouldn't worry. I wanted to come back the first time it happened, but Aaru and Suds reminded me that I am your daughter, I shouldn't give up! I should fight and look did I not fight? Was I not successful?" she could see her words take effect because Bade papa nodded and finally looked at her "Yes, I am proud of you, I just wish that you weren't alone in your fight."

"Oh bade papa, I am never alone. All of you are always always with me." She wiped her tears away.

"Ok we can put this behind us if you promise not to hide big secrets from us, going forward" Akshara opened her mouth but immediately shut it because she was in fact hiding a big secret from them. She knew Bade papa and her family liked him, but would they like him as her life partner? What a tough position she was put in, she couldn't just tell him about Abhi without talking to him first, but she didn't want to lie and give a futile promise as well. Thankfully Mimi understood her turmoil "Manish, accha chalo ab let it go, I need to take Akshara to the mandir with me. That nalayak Aarohi escaped citing nonsense about hospital work which I know for a fact is a lie because she is off today." Stating her piece like a true queen, mimi walked away expecting Akshara to follow which she hurriedly but gratefully did.

Once they were situated in the car Akshara broached the subject "Mimi, I don't like this. I can't keep this a secret. But I also don't know if Abhimanyu would be willing to tell our families, especially his?" her breathing upped rapidly but Mimi who was only listening partially while giving instructions to the driver missed it.

"It's okay, we will find a way. Anyway, what caused the panic attack the other night?" she finally asked looking at her before a look of worry crossed her face. "Akshu, beta? Don't worry, I am there no, nothing will happen, talk to me" but Akshara's mind kept replaying Bade papa's words which raised her insecurities about Bua's words. If her family knew how bad it was between Abhi and his family, would they want her to be with them. Logically she knew that it wouldn't matter because her heart had chosen him, but she also wanted her families love and support. She needed them to accept him and love him like his family never did.

"Akshara beta, this is different, I know already, right? I am the one who told you not to tell anyone and give your relationship a chance. We will see how Manish dares to yell at me. Accha now stop panicking everything is ok. Tell me what happened the other night?" Mimi's tone left no room for argument and Akshara went back and forth with herself wondering if she should tell Mimi about Ambika Bua or not but eventually she decided that she really needed Mimi's wisdom.