Chapter 48

Abhimanyu sighed as he made his way to Rooh, because how in the world had Akshara managed to convince him to let her go in to work on Sunday after almost passing out the other day was beyond him. A few kisses and a few smiles and those lovely eyes pondering into his soul and he had grumpily agreed. His inner defenses always crumbled when he was around her but he had warned her that she wasn't to exert herself and here he was making sure she did no such thing. If he was being honest with himself, he was also glad that he got to see her even if it was surrounded by all the kids. His joy was dimmed the moment he stepped into the garden on Rooh as he saw that loser Riyansh hanging around Akshara, he still hadn't forgotten the way he had hugged her when Akshu and him had that fallout a couple of weeks back and he could just tell that the dude was in love with HIS girlfriend, making his hackles rise.

When Abhimanyu entered the area, all the kids left Akshara and Riyansh and started rushing over to him yelling over each other to be heard and Abhimanyu had to put his jealousy on the backseat to focus his undivided attention onto the kids. The little boy Vansh clung to Abhimanyu's legs making it hard for him to walk and talk to anyone else, so he grabbed his tiny body and lifted him finally giving him the attention he so desperately craved from his Abhi bhaiya. The boy chattered on in his ears, happy to be close to him as Abhimanyu tried to make small talk with the other kids. He wouldn't admit it to anyone, but that boy Vansh was really his favorite. There was something about the little boy which tugged at Abhi's heart strings, the poor abandoned boy who craved some attention and love so desperately, it just made Abhi feel like he was looking at a much younger version of himself in the mirror.

As Akshara and that irritating friend of hers made their way over to the crowd, Vansh whispered in what he thought was a soft tone but was heard by everyone around "Akshu didi is the prettiest I love her" while Abhi agreed with his sentiments he just smirked at Akshara who had heard them, she looked really really pretty indeed. She had on some sort of a long green dress with thin delicate straps on her shoulders exposing her neck which Abhi desperately wanted to pull down and bury his face in her neck to breathe her in for hours. Her face was flushed from Vansh's comment and her hair looked shiny and soft making his heart thud louder. In what world was it okay for her to have so much power over him that it made him speechless? He didn't deserve her, but he would not let her go, lest idiots like the flute guy thought they had a chance. No, she was his!

"She is pretty" Abhi whispered as Akshara came closer to pull Vansh's chubby cheeks. His comment made her blush deepen and Abhimanyu had to physically restrain himself from kissing her reddened cheeks. Their little bubble was broken when Akshara's friend brought his hand forward for Abhimanyu to shake in introduction "I don't think we've met, I'm Riyansh, Akshu's friend" when Abhimanyu moved Vansh to one hand and gripped his palm, the dude tried to flex making Abhimanyu groan internally. Was he seriously going to play this immature game with him? He made sure his arm was loose and light "Dr. Abhimanyu Birla" he muttered.

"You must be Akshu's boss" the guy slung his arm over Akshara's as he addressed Abhimanyu in what he was sure was a power move. Did this guy have no self-preservation? Why was he making conversation with him, especially when Abhi had his don't fuck with me face on? "Right yeah, I'm her boss. Technically boss's boss's boss but semantics" something in his tone must have changed because Akshara looked at him with her beautiful eyes trying to decipher what his tone meant.

"Oh, you're the one everyone warns Akshu to stay away from huh?" Now Abhimanyu was sure that he was needling him, trying to gather information about his and Akshara's closeness and he didn't like it one single bit. He nor Akshara would be a pawn in these silly childish games. He simply shrugged and walked away with Vansh who once again whispered quite loudly "I don't like him" this made Abhimanyu chuckle, me too Vansh, me too. As he set the boy down to go play with his friends, Abhimanyu found a corner to sit in and observe everything around him. Slowly, the two teenagers (Dwiti and Aakash) sidled up next to him. The three of them shared a unique bond which nobody else could ever get. All of them had been hurt by life and the people who were supposed to protect them and when you are hurt at a degree they were, you tend to recognize the same pain reflected in others.