Chapter 51

TW: SEXUAL CONTENT (SEPARATED BY ****** , IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE PLEASE STOP READING THE MOMENT YOU SEE THE ****) 

Akshu followed Abhimanyu back to his apartment and they got to his place from the parking lot without exchanging any words. She desperately wanted to start the conversation but knew it had to be done once they got into his apartment. When they got in, Akshara was busy looking around trying to co-relate what she was seeing to the man standing beside her who was watching her take all of it in with a nervous expression on his face. The apartment was just like him, dark, mysterious with a hint of "you're not invited in here". It was so very him that while it really wasn't her style, she could totally see how this was his.
She led the way, looking at the small but beautiful kitchen, the dark cabinets, the dark couch on the living room, huge TV and big dark curtains covering up floor to ceiling windows.

Akshu got to where the couch was in the middle of the room and spun around taking it all in.
"It's just like you" she grinned at him "my dark angry man". Abhimanyu grabbed her waist and hugged her from the back dropping his chin on her shoulder. She ruffled his hair with the hand closest to him. "I only use it to eat and sleep honestly, I don't even know if I can call it a home. Maybe I don't have a home" he murmured in a soft voice into her neck before dropping kisses there. His admission broke her heart and Akshara knew that she had to do everything in her power to make him feel comfortable and safe in his own safe space. She would make this place Abhi's home if it was the last thing she did. With her resolution intact she turned around and looped her arms behind his neck.

"Abhi I am sorry about earlier" she began but before she could continue Abhimanyu shushed her with his finger on her lips.
"No, we're not going to talk about him here. I've gotten you all to myself after so long that I'm not going to waste our breaths on him." Okay then. Who was she to argue? She nuzzled into his chest and they stood like that for a while both lost in their own thoughts. Abhimanyu was the first to break their embrace, he gently moved the falling locks of hair from her face to behind her ear and just stared at her causing a blush to rise on Akshara's cheeks. "I could stare at you for hours but maybe we should get on with our date, would you like to shower first or should I go?" he said, dropping a kiss on her red nose. Akshara couldn't handle all the rising emotions he was inflicting upon her and needed a moment to gather herself, "No, you go, I'll snoop around a little" she said as she stuck her tongue out towards him causing him to throw his head back in laughter. He left her on her own with a be right back thrown in her direction before venturing into what was probably his bedroom.

The moment she heard the shower turn on, Akshara flitted around the living room trying to find as much as she could about him and what his hobbies were, it was to no one's surprise that she found nothing substantial. His place was as boring and desolate as Abhimanyu wanted to portray himself to the world. She wanted to go into his room and look around, but she didn't want to go in without him there, the first time she wanted to see his safest haven would be only if he showed it to her.

Her heartbeat started going out of whack when Abhimanyu stepped outside his bedroom drying his hair with a towel, sweatpant hanging low on his waist and his torso completely bare, barring a few droplets of water. Suddenly her mouth went dry and when he looked up at her with a sweet smile on his face, she felt like she would melt into a puddle on the floor. He came closer to her still drying his hair with one arm "So did you find anything interesting in your snooping?" she could barely comprehend what he was saying, her gaze flitting between his abs, his biceps, and the veins on his arms. After a few minutes when he didn't get a response from her, he took his towel and slung it behind her neck bringing him flush with his chest "Hello?? Are you there?" no no no, what was he doing????? If she didn't put some space between them immediately, she would do something insane like jumping him right there and then. She pushed him away with both her hands and without meeting his eyes muttered a "I'm fine. Shower? Can I go shower?" it all came out in a jumbled mess but her brain had been fried by his closeness and this was all she could manage.