Chapter 8

Akshara and Aarohi were rushing about trying to get dressed and leave before they could be late for meeting their new bhabhi. As they stepped outside the Goenka house yelling their goodbyes to the rest of the Goenka house, Akshu tripped over her own feet causing Aarohi to jerk forward and catch her before she could face plant on the concrete.

"Akshu yaar, how do you manage to always do this? What if I wasn't around to catch you?" Aarohi said to Akshara in an admonishing tone. Akshara looked sheepish and muttered a soft sorry before dragging Aarohi to their awaiting car and driver.  "Akshara.." Aarohi began to say and Akshara looked towards her sister expectantly
"Akshu I know how you feel about public spaces, please please don't galavant around somewhere without atleast informing me just for both of our peace of minds. You've not been by yourself in the city in years and I would hate to think of something bad happening to you. Please promise me you will inform me if you need to go some place today and even in the future"

Akshara knew her sister was simply looking out for her and quickly nodded her head in a yes before smiling her big goofy smile. Both the sisters began chatting about mundane things and before they knew it the driver bhaiya was parking the car outside the cafe. Driver bhaiya warned them to be careful on the road as it was one of the busiest time of the day and there might be a rush around.

Aarohi and Akshara both got out of the car and began to walk to the cafe. The two sisters painted such a beautiful picture in long maxi dresses, that people stopped and turned to stare, unnoticed by Akshara who was pretty much in her own world. Aarohi saw the looks people gave them and glared at everyone she passed causing everyone to avert their gaze.
"Tu bhi na Akshu (you also na Akshu) maybe you should start paying attention to your surroundings, how are you always in your own head talking to yourself?" Aarohi nudged and said to Akshara as they entered the cafe and tried to find a spot to sit in.
"What did I do?" Akshara asked innocently causing Aaru to scoff and respond back with a "never mind princess"

The sisters in an effort to beat the traffic had pretty much shown up 40 minutes before the time they were supposed to meet Anisha Bhabhi so they decided to grab a coffee and hangout just like old days and pass their time.  In the meantime, Aarohi's phone rang causing her to fumble as she saw the call was from Birla Hospital. She was sure it was from HR to discuss some logistics about the Interns joining date and she quickly got up muttering to Akshara about the call and how she will try to find a quiet spot to talk to them and be back.

Akshara was happy in her corner of the cafe gazing around and people watching creating stories in her head. She had a great view of the busy road and chose to spend time just watching the street trying to decipher who was going where as a fun little game in her head as she hummed a tune softly.

To her utter shock, she witnessed a car almost run over a little kid playing on his bicycle. The car seemed to have swerved to save an old lady and just missed hitting the boy. The young boy, in a panic let his cycle go and he ended up falling face forward on the road. Akshara without thinking or taking a beat rushed out of the cafe towards the street to save the poor boy. As she got to the busy street and knelt besides the boy, she suddenly looked up and realized she was surrounded by a big group of people. Akshara grabbed the boy's hand and tried to talk to him and check if he was alright but she had difficulty getting words out due to her impending anxiety attack. She spotted driver bhaiya and waved her hands hoping he would notice her and once he did she gestured for him to come help the boy. The little boy probably 7-8yrs old was sobbing loudly and had a big open gash on his left hand which was bleeding profusely. Akshu tried to keep a hold over her anxiety and gasped out a "please..help..him" to driver bhaiya who picked the crying boy up and started ambling towards the Birla Hospital entrance located a mere few feet away.

Sorry for the short chapter everyone, I promise the next one will be longer ❤️