Chapter 30

Akshara was so glad that Abhimanyu was in the room with her currently, granted they were surrounded by their family, and they were sitting far apart enough to barely see each other but at least he was here instead of being downstairs with his crazy Bua. As everyone around them got into mindless chatter and swapped life stories, Abhimanyu and her eyes would meet every few minutes for a brief moment and that small interaction would make her heartbeat rapidly causing her to snatch her eyes away before she did something crazy. Soon it was late enough that they heard Badi Mumma yell for them to come downstairs so they could leave and everyone in the room groaned for they were having a lot of fun finally after a torturous dinner. The gang slowly dispersed and made their way downstairs and to nobody's surprise got reprimanded by bua for keeping Abhimanyu upstairs for so long but even her tirade could not get Abhimanyu to be angry, he looked so relaxed. Akshu looked over and saw he had his stony mask on but his shoulders and hands were relaxed causing her to relax in turn.

"Come Bade Papa I will walk out with all of you" Abhimanyu said gesturing towards the group.

"Abhimanyu what do you mean? Are you not staying here? When will you spend time with me then?" Bua's nasally voice almost echoed in the silence of the huge house.

"Abhimanyu beta, you don't live here?" Bade papa asked inquisitively probably not realizing the can of worms he seemed to have let free. Akshara could see Manjarai's pale face in the background and there seemed to be a silent conversation that happened between him and Manjari Aunty.

"No bade papa, I have an apartment close to the hospital, it's more convenient for me since I keep insane hours." Bade papa seemed to have taken the hint and just smiled and nodded at him before thanking the Birlas for a lovely meal before following Abhimanyu out. Akshara felt a tug in her heart as they said goodbyes and it seemed like Abhimanyu felt as reluctant as her but hey atleast she would see him in less than 24 hours, she slowly grinned at herself at that realization before being pulled into the car by Suds.

Once the Goenkas entered their house, they all lounged in the sofa and Akshu loved this part of their day where everyone gossiped and unpacked all the weird things that had happened during their outings. She was desperate to know what they all thought about Abhimanyu and was almost too antsy to sit still. Mimi was the one to break the silence first "That Ambika... what a piece" and this broke the dam and soon everyone was giggling and laughing to the point where there were tears in Vansh's eyes. "GIRLS DON'T LAUGH" he said amidst giggles "Mimi I felt like I was transported to your childhood."

"Chup..Nalayak (shut up, useless)" Mimi said before throwing her stick at Vansh Bhaiya.

"You know after meeting him I am even more intrigued about Abhimanyu" Bade papa's voice filtered through the laughter and everyone sobered up real quick. "That poor boy...it looks like he is constantly battling demons, everyone in my circle calls him a ruthless bull because of how strict he is with the way he runs his business but now having met him and looking at the family dynamics... feels like he is running on pain, hain na maa?" Akshara looked up and shared a startled gaze with her sister. Everyone else was staring between bade papa and mimi in rapt attention.

"Haan Manish, You're right. When he introduced himself as Manjari's son something finally clicked. I had heard from my friend Suradhana my friend from the Mandir that he officially changed his name to Abhimanyu Manjari Birla." WOW akshara thought, she didn't know that.

"Haan Maaji, I have also heard some rumors about Harshvardhan Birla" Badi Mummy interjected before cutting a glance at the kids looking hesitant to continue. "What rumors badi mumma?" Akshara asked before regretting it because now everyone's attention was suddenly on her. Aarohi saw how uncomfortable her sister was and added "Ya tell us na, we have to work with him" Aarohi gently squeezed Akshu's hand on the couch.