ch. thirty six

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX . . .
. . . BLUE AND GREEN !

The estate was silent, people watched as the strongest walked by in full seriousness, intimidation forcing their heads down. The Gojo clan's heir never came around the estate after he was enrolled in Jujutsu High, which raises questions among the servants on why he was here now.

His curse energy was immediately noticed once he teleported inside the estate. However, there was something else with him, something sinister. When Gojo finally left his large room, he ordered that no one would enter his room under any circumstances.

With this order, many of the servants obeyed and went on, a few stayed and stared at the door, watching as the darkness caved in, and they bolted out of fear. With this revelation, many whispered, a rumor spreading that the heir had a curse on him, how it leaked from the room. Once the rumors were spoken loud enough, it was enough to get the clan head involved, Gojo Touma, the father of the strongest sorcerer.

Touma was a relatively strict but reserved man, spending his days in his house after Gojo Satoru was born, never leaving the estate. He'd stay away, far from the strongest, watching him grow up with his mother, Ohori Yusa. Yusa raised the boy until he was old enough to think for himself, something happened between them one day, and she willingly left the estate.

No one saw her again.

Although their marriage was arranged, Touma hoped they'd still form an orderly partnership. In the end, she was as bitter as she was in the beginning, she hated him. Yusa would blame Touma for everything, that she lost the chance of marrying the one she loved, that she's stuck with him. He tried to give her freedom, let her even have her own house on the estate. It was never enough. In addition to her duties, she needed to create an heir, so they did.

Gojo Satoru was born, on December 7, 1989.

The pregnancy was hard for everyone, and Yusa was even more insufferable. She'd shout and hit everyone she saw, wouldn't eat anything she didn't like, and took it all out on him. Touma knew the other clan head saw him as not a man, considering he couldn't get his wife to calm down and sit obediently.

Many of them even recommended slapping her, to give her what she's been doing to him back. He couldn't, so he prayed that once the child was born she'd stop and maybe be less bitter...

After all, he never wanted to be married either.

But it was his duty.

Once born, Touma knew the boy was different from his very first cries as the midwife held him... it was only confirmed after a few minutes, once his eyes completely opened.

Blue eyes.

Not normal blue ones like his, they weren't dark or flat. They were bright, like looking at the ocean when the sun hits it at the right angle. They sparkled, and he knew who his son was destined to be as the world turned off its axis.

The Strongest.

At first, he tried to form a relationship with the boy, letting him in his office as the maid watched him. He was a quiet and calm child and cried only when he was agitated with something. The first and last time he ever held him was in his office at sunset. The boy started to babble as a ten-month-old would. Touma glanced down, his dark blue eyes meeting his bright ones as the boy stretched his nimble arms up, wanting to be held.

The maid left to go retrieve his bottle so it was just them too... so Touma tried. He picked his son up and held him, he felt empty. He wondered what should he do now, pat his back, entertain him?