ch. thirty two

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO . . .
. . . CHANGE IN ROUTINE !

There were times daily Megumi forgets. He forgets to brush his teeth, tie his shoes, do his homework, and much more. Usually... his mom would remind him. Before he would go anywhere she would remind him of things that were already long forgotten.

She taught him a lot of things that were necessary, how to tie his own shoes, get ready, making a sandwich, what their address is and her full name

She taught him a lot of things that were necessary, how to tie his own shoes, get ready, making a sandwich, what their address is and her full name. Fushiguro Miran. It sounds weird when he said it aloud, he only referred to her as his mom.

He always watched her, his mom did always mention how observant he was. He saw the days when she would smile the most, the days when she tried to smile with exhausted eyes. She always did the best for him, for them.

"Megumi, we have to go!" Tsumiki shouted from the hallway, Megumi sat up and rubbed his eyes, still in thought as he got ready for school.

But maybe he was being naive, thinking she wouldn't leave. His other mother, Emi died when he was small, a baby. Miran would mention her sometime, even bring him to her grave, but he never knew her ever. His dad left a long time ago, to the point where Megumi couldn't even remember how he looked. But, he remembered how his mom looked, fearful and desperate. She clutched and held them close, her eyes pleading to his dad, he didn't budge and left. Tsumiki's mother didn't come back either, his mom was on her own.

He tried his best to not make her more tired, he did his best at school, listened to her and never picked fights. It wasn't enough. She left and she's not coming back. I guess it was just not enough, she broke her promise, and he should've known...

He accepted it long ago, then an idiot followed him home, Gojo Satoru. From first glance Megumi could tell this guy was an idiot, more like an airhead. For most of their conversation he wasn't listening, just glaring at the stranger to go away.

He never did. Gojo seemed to always visit every week. In the first visit the tall man whisked them away from their small apartment to numerous stores, getting them new clothing. Megumi refused time and time away for new clothes, he wasn't going to, it was just pity.

Tsumiki seems to like Gojo, she smiled and laughed more when she was with him. The two were pretty bright and air headed people, it exhausted Megumi to be near them.

Nevertheless, Megumi knows deep down it is not going to last, he will leave soon, so he should try not to get attached, it'll save him time. Yet there is something that keeps thumping in his mind, what the Gojo would always say to him, that his mom would come back, that she is in danger.

That thought makes his stomach churn, in a way he hopes she just left, that she isn't where or what the idiot always said. After all...