ch. twenty-four

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR . . .
. . . RED GLOW !

Still, miles apart, Toji took a bit out of his meal, watching another one of his gambles. He wasn't about to give in just yet, even though his loss was inevitable. He slouched on his hand, licking away the residue on his lips.

A phone call disrupted his peace of mind, Toji pulled up his phone and answered, knowing exactly who it was. He sat down back on his seat after getting con condiments, watching the race start. He smirked at what Kon said, "So those guys... didn't go back to Jujutsu High yet? Lucky me," he pulled his chopsticks apart, "Now the ones drawn to the bounty will be reasonable fools instead of just fools."

"You sure about this?"

"Why do you ask?"

"The thirty million yen paid to you was a service fee from the time vessel association. If the star plasma vessel dies, the money's gone. You might end up with nothing. Why even hire you? We could have offered the money as bounty from the start."

Toji peered his green eyes at the phone near his ear, using his chopsticks to pick up one of the takoyaki balls, "They have Satoru Gojo and Miran Kamo on their side. He's the first in a hundred years to wield both six-eyes and the limitless cursed technique. As long as he's with her, we won't be able to take out the star plasma vessel."

"And Kamo?"

Toji didn't say anything for a moment, watching as the juices from the takoyaki dripped. He remembers her, clearly, "... Miran Kamo is very familiar with my abilities, hell, I trained her to know when an ambush is coming. She's smart and if she knows I'm coming, it won't go well."

"Even for you?"

Toji finally ate the ball, chewing and looking back to the TV, number 03, the one he betted on, "Hm, good question." He got up from his seat, a subtle grin on his face as he walked away.

"For now, we'll leave the bounty up for another forty-seven hours, and let those fools wear down Gojo and the sorcerers with him." Amid his explanation, Toji harshly bumped into a guy, he fell hard and looked up, he paid no mind to him.

The man yelled at him, so to give him a sense of acknowledgment, Toji couched down to his level. The man's breathing faltered at the sight of him, he fell back, intimidated.

Toji was about to apologize but he was too thread in his thought, walking away from him

At the thought of Miran, Toji disassociated from the world around him, "Kamo may know my own weakness, but I know hers as well..."

There was something he knew for absolute certainty, Miran has a soft heart, one that can be easily swayed if the ones she loves are injured. And in that moment of hesitation, Toji will stri-

 And in that moment of hesitation, Toji will stri-