ch. five

CHAPTER FIVE . . .
. . . THE BOY WITH SIX-EYES !

Violent screams could be heard from within the shadows. In an alleyway, Toji stood over a dead person, more specifically, a dead sorcerer.

It was the fastest way to gain some cash for a person like him. Now he just needs to confirm the kill, taking the body to the guy who owes him. Just before he was about to pick up the bounty, his phone rang. Toji sighed and looked at the dial call, it was Emi.

"Honey?" He questioned, picking it up. He leaned against the wall and made sure nothing could notice the dead body right beside him.

It was strange for her to call him while working, she never has so it must be an emergency. Emi doesn't know what he does for a living, only that it pays a good lot, and it's not that illegal.

That part he lied about.

"Toji, could you get off work early? I have to go in, they said it's an emergency, I need you to take care of Miran."

"I'll be there," He finished. Since Emi had been on bed rest for a little while, she and Miran stayed with each other. Although it was good for them both, it stopped Toji and his investigation of Miran and her origins.

Now he finally has some free time with the kid again, this time he was to take her straight to the target.

Before he killed the sorcerer he was standing above, he kept muttering about the change in the Jujutsu World, where people like Toji would be killed. Toji was irritated.

He wanted to know he was unleashed with change. All he knew for him was that it was a kid from the Gojo Clan, one of the three most powerful Clans in the Jujutsu Society.

Toji could only hear her last words since he had spaced out for some time, "Thank you," she said.

"Just, take it easy," Toji knew moving around was a good and bad idea with her pregnancy. It's been exactly four months since the news, and she was noticeably getting weaker. To the point at just three months, she had to take her leave for a while from the florist shop.

He could hear her smile from the other side, "I will!" She hung up, and he let out a tired sigh just like before. Looking down at the bounty, he smirked and took some evidence indicating he was defeated. He wouldn't lie, some part of his job he did enjoy. Showing sorcerers that they aren't as powerful as they think Most of it wasn't personal.

Collecting the bounty cash from them, he scrolled back to the apartment and was greeted by only Miran in the center of the Living Room. In her grasp were two dolls, and she played silently, one of them was a small, cartoonish dog figurine.

 In her grasp were two dolls, and she played silently, one of them was a small, cartoonish dog figurine

Toji wondered how big the emergency was, she would never leave Miran alone by herself. She would wait until he came back. Miran looks up from her dolls and sees Toji.