ch. fifteen

CHAPTER FIFTEEN . . .
. . . FIREWORKS !

"C'mon Miran! It's New Year's and we all agreed to meet up," Shoko persistent, swirling a spoon in her cup of coffee.

Tomorrow was New Year's.

Weeks ago, they all agreed to meet up back at the school and go to the annual festival to celebrate.

Before break, Shoko and Miran agreed to meet up at a small cafe frequently and chat early in the morning since that place is pretty close to both of their homes.

Miran wore comfortable clothes, still a little sleepy, and ordered a hot coffee.

Miran didn't recall this agreement until it hit her, she remembered when Gojo bugged her awake, she mumbled a little before snuggling back into sleeping, the last thing she heard was him yelling, "She said yes!!"

She didn't know what she agreed to until now.

"I'm sorry. I guess I wasn't really thinking at the time."

She really wasn't.

Shoko sighed and leaned on her seat, she wanted Miran to come. Knowing her reasons for hesitation, she understood completely, but a few times Miran should get a break.

At that moment, an idea pinged to her head, "I got it! Let's force Yaga-Sensei to babysit, he knows right?"

Miran nods, thinking about involving their Sensei to watch her kids, they never had a babysitter before. Furthermore, this would be the first time she left them during a holiday, "... I don't want to leave them on New Year..."

"Then split the time, half with us and half with them," Shoko concluded.

Miran sipped her morning coffee, her gaze falling to the table. Since Shoko isn't budging then Miran will have to go either way, she goes with her friends for half the day then when the first firework is heard she'll head back to her kids, "Okay, I'll try."

Miran noticed the time, the two got up and left the cafe. Walking together, Shoko lit up a cigarette, letting a puff of smoke out, "Can I come?"

Miran hummed in confusion, her bright eyes looking at her friend in confusion. Shoko just shrugged her shoulders and gave a grin, "I wanna meet them, I am Auntie Shoko now."

The two take a stroll in comfortable silence, Shoko blowing a few puffs and then abruptly stopping when she notices Miran's smile in front of her. Shoko looked up to the side of a fairy run-down apartment complex, "You guys live here?"

"Mhm," Miran went first as Shoko followed. Shoko did know being a teen mom was hard but the place they lived wasn't really up to her expectations. In her eyes, Miran deserves to live somewhere nice with her kids. She did talk about her financial struggles often with Suguru (Shoko was quietly listening/eavesdropping).