ch. twenty-nine

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE . . .
. . . FUSHIGURO !

"Huh?"

It was quiet, Satoru's mind began racing, his Sensei holding a pained expression, "Don't make me repeat myself. Suguru killed everyone in the village and-"

"I heard you the first time. That's why I said, 'huh?'" Satoru furrowed his brows, his eyes widening underneath his circular glasses, his hand clenching harder on the pin his Sensei gave him, Suguru's pin.

Yaga continued, "Suguru's old home was already an empty husk... as well. Though, from the bloodstains and residuals, he most likely killed his parents, too-"

Satoru shouted, not believing anything he was saying, "Like hell he did!"

"Satoru. I don't understand what's going on... either. First Miran's imprisonment and now this..." Yaga-Sensei's facade was fated, placing his hand on his head with minor distress. He had no idea what was going on. First the imprisonment of Kamo Miran, then the death of Haibara Yu... and now the incident of Geto Suguru.

Satoru was no different, just a few days ago he saw Suguru, he was quiet but still held a smile.

Why didn't I notice anything...

No way in hell he did that?!

Questions began to enter his mind at a quick speed, he made a 'tch' noise and clutched the pin harder, not realizing he was bleeding.

Satoru marched to Suguru's dorm, slamming it open, only to find it empty, the only thing there was the first photo they took together as 1st years in the winter... Miran smiling and Suguru soft grin. Satoru picked up the photo from the bedside table, holding the photo tightly, and noticing a note on the floor, Suguru wrote it.

He sat on the empty bed and read it, over and over again, trying to make it make sense.

It never did.

Satoru doesn't remember how long he sat there, reading those empty lines, he felt the familiar book in his pocket. He pulled it out, the leathery texture hitting his fingers, Miran's book. He was hoping to give it back to her after he came back that day, but she never did.

He reads it often, not the actual words but her notes, they were neat and colorful. Every section was filled with her own words and thoughts about it, he read it all... it all makes sense.

The stickie notes were also fun too, some had little animals on them because she drew them often. He even found a light doodle she did of all of them, him, Shoko... Suguru.

Two repeating names mostly centered her note taking though, Tsumiki and Megumi.

Megumi?