ch. twenty-five

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE . . .
. . . VACATION !

Suguru sighed, regret written on his features, "I'm sorry. This was my mistake." After they regroup, Suguru revealed he was the last one with Kuroi, he didn't think they'd target her too, "I didn't take into consideration Kuroi's importance to the enemy."

Just under an hour ago, Kuroi was kidnapped, and they had no idea where she was, there was a likely chance the napper would set a location point, for a trade. Miran patted Suguru's shoulder, relaxing him instantly, Miran always had that ability against him. Making him calm instantly, offering a soft glance at her.

Satoru shrugged his shoulder, looking at them both, "Really? I don't think this even counts as a mistake. The enemy is probably gonna try to take advantage of this hostage situation and demand a trade of Amanai for Kuroi. Or probably something like, if we don't kill Amanai, they'll kill Kuroi."

Miran nodded, her eyes glinting over to Riko, she carried a fearful expression, clenching her fist tightly while staring off into the pavement. Satoru was right even if they attempted to sugarcoat the situation, it could still possibly end with the same outcome.

Satoru continued, "But we have the leverage in any negotiations since we have Amanai. As long as they set up the location for the deal, we can make it work out. I'm taking Amanai back to Jujutsu High now. Maybe we can get Shoko to act as a double-"

"Wait! I'm going to this deal, too!" Riko yelled, shooting up from her seat on the stairs in the alleyway. The three 2nd-years turned to Riko, Satoru furrowed his brows, "What? You brat, do you realize the situation you're-"

"Even if you rescue her... what happens if Kuroi isn't back before the merger?" Riko's voice began wavering, and she went to clutch her skirt, Miran could already tell she was trying her best not to cry in front of them, "I still... haven't even said goodbye to her," her eyes brimmed red.

The three were quiet, sparing silent glances toward each other. To violet, to green, then blue, and back to violet. Miran noticed the drop in the girl's shoulders, her heart hammering in anxiousness, redness in her eyes, it was her true desire showing itself to them for the first time.

Amanai Riko's true desire is to live on the top of the world, with the people she loves.

If asked, Miran would support her, she would defend her from the Jujutsu world. Miran even knows the boys would back her up too, they spoke about this in case, that if Riko refuses then they'll back her up.

They won't force her to do a duty is had no say in.

Satoru's lenses glared in the creeping sun as he shifted his body to the side, it was a subtle movement that answered both Suguru and Miran. Their plan of action.

He walked towards her, his tone unmoving, "The kidnapper will reach out to us eventually. If they seem like they're smarter than we expect and bringing you with us is likely to hurt Kuroi's chance of survival..." he opened the gate door, revealing a red-eyed Riko staring up at him, "then we will leave you behind."

Riko's blue eyes shined in tears, she began to wipe away, her flushed cheeks receding, "All right. That works."

Satoru eyes could be seen through his glasses as he spoke, "In exchange, if you get scared partway through and want to go home, we'll just ignore you. Bear that in mind."

Riko showed her face once again, now with a determined expression, her tears gone, she nodded. Miran didn't even notice the developing smile that was now on her face. Even with his overbearing personality and childishness, Miran knew a special part of Satoru that only a few were truly aware of. He has a big heart, it might be hidden, but it is still there.