ch. one

CHAPTER ONE . . .
. . . LOOK OF REVELATION !

For the first time in his mere existence, Toji was grateful. Although he isn't fully sure what he's gotten himself into, he knows it was the best choice. He isn't complaining, meeting the woman walking next to him, Emi Fushiguro. She was something Toji never thought existed in his world.

Emi Fushiguro is a woman of kindness and truth.

The hazel-eyed woman was someone Toji bumped into in the streets of Tokyo in mid-August last year. When he was at his lowest. This woman picked him back up, fixed a few shattered pieces of his soul, and then walked back to her flower shop with a gleeful smile...

He was smitten.

From that day on Toji would visit her almost every day, he would occasionally buy flowers from her small shop. They were beautiful and well-managed, of course, they would bloom in the presence of someone so pure. It was only near Christmas when they finally agreed on their first date. Actually, Emi was the one to ask him out.

She's a very trusting woman who knows how to read him like a book. Emi even made sure not to bring up anything that had to do with his own family. Toji completely believes Emi deserves better than a man like him, especially with the things he does for a living.

How he survives.

Nevertheless, Emi still holds that big smile on her face every time she looks at him. One that makes Toji relax, his worries washing away.

Today was the day Emi had been planning for almost a month, the day when the two people she loved most in her life would meet

Today was the day Emi had been planning for almost a month, the day when the two people she loved most in her life would meet. Her little sister, Miran Fushiguro, and her boyfriend, Toji Zen'in. Currently, her sister is in second grade at her school, Emi is thirteen years older than Miran, making Emi twenty-one while Miran is eight.

Toji wouldn't blurt it out of the open, wounding his own pride, but he was a bit weary meeting the eight-year-old girl. She's just a kid after all, why did he clench Emi's hand tighter than usual? He counted each day since his departure from the Zen'in clan, it has been exactly two years and four months.

Before he met Emi, Toji did many shady jobs to get paid, he was even named the Sorcerer Killer during that time. However, being with Emi, Toji slowed down, only taking jobs when he knew he had to. He couldn't risk her finding out.

Toji couldn't lose Emi.

However, even with his lack of presence in the Jujutsu world, the Zen'in clan still attempts to have ties with him. That he must marry a woman so they may conceive a child with curse energy, and use him until there is nothing left. He is from the main family, which added to his own disgrace from not having curse energy.

Toji refused on multiple occasions to be part of the Zen'in clan, he refused because of all the discrimination and treatment they gave to people like him in the clan. People are born without any curse energy. Toji is scarred from the many things they've done to him in there, a physical scar he gained was the one on his bottom lip after they tossed him in a curse pit...