ch. twenty-six

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX . . .
. . . GREEN MEETS GREEN !

In the flash of light, all hell broke loose.

In quick speed, Miran pulled back against Toji, shoving him with her blade as she stood defensively, her glare prominent. Satoru and Suguru attack simultaneously, the six-eyed and curse manipulation user using their curse energy, Suguru's curse was able to consume him, landing a few meters nearby with a thud.

He's not done.

Miran looked up to see Zen'in Toji on the red pillar smirking, it was him. After all this time he finally decided to show himself again.

As her enemy.

Toji remembers everything, about that winter afternoon. Gojo Satoru and Fushiguro Miran's first meeting. Never in his life has anyone been able to sense him standing behind him, not even trained at that.

Then there was Miran, she was trained especially for that specific task, tracking. He used himself for her training, which ultimately aided him in finding out her heritage. Consequently, she was also able to sense him right now, blocking his incoming attack on the six-eyed user.

Well... not completely.

He peers down to her abdomen, a sharp blade sticking out from the hilt.

That's why when Toji attacked, he wasn't going for the six-eyed user, yet at least. With the brat's senses dulled it was only a matter of time before his defeat. His main priority was Miran, the girl was sharp...

all he needed to do was force her down, hesitate. Let the adrenaline rush her when someone she cares for is in danger, let her disregard her own well-being. That's who Fushiguro Miran was, he remembers clearly now.

She was a reckless girl, one who'd sacrifice herself for the sake of those around her.

"You might wanna heal that," Toji spoke, his deep voice awakening memories Miran disregarded long ago. Her eyes fell to her stomach, widening when her sight was met with the hilt of a blade.

He stabbed me?

With her adrenaline, Miran didn't even realize he hit her, she was focusing her energy on the blade that was too close to Satoru. Suguru stood in front of Satoru and Miran, he ran up a few steps towards her as Satoru turned sharply behind him, Suguru shouted with panic written in his expression, "Miran!? Are you-!"

She smiled at Suguru, pulling her hand up to stop him from getting closer, "Don't worry, he didn't hit any vital points, and I could heal myself-"

Her eyes widened even more, her reverse curse energy, was slow. Usually, the energy would work at a fast speed on her body.

Suguru furrowed his brows, worriedness on his face, "What is it?"

Miran sighed and dropped the sheath of her Katana on the dirt, moving as if she wasn't just stabbed, "My reverse curse energy, it's been tampered with. He laced the blade," Miran green eyes met with Suguru's panicked ones, she reassured him, "Don't worry, I'm fine. Prioritize Riko first."

Noticing the man still standing there, Suguru launched one of his largest curses toward him, consuming him as the curse fell a few meters away from them with a large thud.

Satoru looked ahead and began stretching with a smirk, "I'll deal with his guy."

Miran followed, "He's mine." Her voice held distaste, a tone none of them ever heard from her, that way she looked ahead, anger radiating off of her...