Normal (32)

MAYA'S POV

It'd been a few months since I'd been staying with Robert. Things were slowly going back to normal.

I'd managed to get myself a job at the old bar I used to work at, and to my surprise the pay had gone up, so that was good.

I'd been seeing a therapist for a couple of weeks, it really helped. Especially with Nikki, but also with past trauma from my family life years ago. And also, it helped with my schizophrenia as I had been put on medication for that.

My relationship with Robert was better than it'd ever been. I think I big reason why was because of drugs.

We'd agreed that neither of us would ever go down that path again, for our relationship's sake and our own really. We still drank alcohol and smoked cigarettes, just no drugs.

Everything finally felt so peaceful. Of course we both had our own problems, but I honestly think being back together helped ease the stress that came with those problems.

***

It was around 11:30 P.M. and I'd finally gotten off of work after a long day of dealing with angry customers.

I dragged myself down the sidewalks in the cool night air, the moonlight shining down onto me.

I walked past shops and restaurants, then past the antique shop where Robert and I had awkwardly planned out first official date. Then I walked past the park, the place where Robert and I used to eat McDonald's and trauma dump each other.

I found myself giggling a little bit as the thought gave me warm sense of happiness.

Eventually, I made it back to the house that Robert had recently bought. The band was bigger than it had ever been, therefore they had an overabundance of money flowing into their hands.

After unlocking the door and slipping inside, I was welcomed by Robert with a warm hug.

"I missed you." I mumbled into his chest.

"I missed you too baby." He replied with his face nuzzled into the top of my head.

I pulled away and let a small smile cover my face as I just stood and adored him. It was astounding to me that I ever gave him up.

"What?" He chuckled as my eyes continued to linger on his cheeky grin.

"Nothing." I smiled, before slipping my shoes off and letting myself fall limp onto the couch.

I was so tired, so ready for sleep.

He crawled onto the couch beside me, wrapping his hands around me and pulling me closer to him.

"You know what we should do?" I muttered as I cuddled into his chest.

"What?" He asked softly, brushing his fingers through my hair slowly and gently.

"We should go back to the park we used to go to all the time, or maybe that one antique shop. You know which one I'm talking about, right?" I spoke, smiling at the thought of the places I'd once been.

"Yeah, I know which one you're talking about. How could I forget? It's the place I first asked you out in the most awkward way possible." He chuckled as his face began glowing in a light red shade.

"Oh come on, it wasn't that awkward." I smiled as I looked up at him, cupping his face while I watched him become more embarrassed.

"Yes it was Maya, don't lie." He sighed, shoving his face into my chest.

"I think you're just being dramatic." I chuckled, bringing my hand up to play with his surprisingly untangled hair.

There was a silence after that, until I heard a mutter from Robert.