New life (24)

MAYA'S POV

I was now officially in L.A., in a cab on my way to Nikki fucking Sixx's house.

I had finally come to the realization of my situation.

I was going to live with Nikki Sixx, that just blew my fucking mind for some reason.

I was honestly surprised he even agreed to all of this. We'd barely even spoken to one another.

We'd seen each other for about a day, and he's willing to let me live with him, tell me that makes sense.

My head rested on the side of the door as I gazed out of the window.

We were now driving into a very suburban area, one that wealthy people definitely lived in.

Almost too soon, we'd taken a left turn into the driveway of an enormous house, one that's definitely too big for one person.

As I opened the cab door, I felt my heart start to race.

Why was I nervous?

We'd spoken before and hit it off really well. Now was definitely not the time to be nervous.

As I walked around to the trunk to grab my bags, I saw the front door open, revealing the one and only Nikki Sixx.

"Hey there." He smiled brightly, grabbing one of my bags to help.

"Hey." I smiled cheerfully.

Something about being around Nikki somehow automatically put me in a better mood.

It's like the color palette of life changed to bright poppy colors when I was around him, unlike the dark and gloomy colors Robert radiated.

I watched as the cab drove away, leaving me here with my new life.

After getting inside and placing everything down, Nikki spoke up.

"How've you been?" He questioned cheerfully, as he pulled me into a bear hug.

This sort of caught be off guard, but something about his touch was just so comforting.

"Great. You?" I grinned, pulling away.

"I've been good, thanks. Had to give this place a fucking deep clean before you came though." He chuckled.

"You didn't have to do all that." I chuckled back.

"So..." he said slyly, abruptly changing the subject.

"Yes." I smirked jokingly.

"What made you wanna leave the tour, if you don't mind me asking." He asked, trying not to sound offensive.

"Well long story short, Robert and I just had a lot of shit going on and eventually we broke it off. Now I'm here." I smiled awkwardly, averting my eyes elsewhere as he gazed at me intensely.

"Ah, I'm sorry about the breakup." He said, his tone much softer now.

"Don't be. I'm honestly glad it happened, for my own well being." I smiled slightly, rubbing my arm.

"Well, I'm glad then." He smiled warmly.

It seemed he was actually really sweet when he wasn't doped up all the time. I hoped I wouldn't have to see very much of that side, since I'd had so many problems with it prior.

"There's like three guest bedroom upstairs, you can pick which ever you like." He added.

"I can't thank you enough." I said as I shot him yet another smile.