Rock bottom (23)

MAYA'S POV

I woke up alone, bed sheets covering my bare body.

I wondered where Robert had went off to, I wanted to talk to him, since things were sort of fixed now I guess. 

I stood up and grabbed my clothes off of the floor, slipping them on while my mind replayed the scene from the night before.

The more I thought about it, the more wrong it felt. The deeper I looked into, the more I felt like I had been taken advantage of.

I said I was leaving, so he touched me until I said I was going to stay. That just didn't sit right with me.

But for the sake of our relationship I was willing to let it slide I suppose.

ROBERTS POV

I sat in the bathroom floor, shooting heroin at about 9:00 A.M. in the morning.

The scene from last night replayed in my head over and over. And no matter how many times I injected, nothing took it away.

Something inside me felt regret for what happened. I mean, by how she responded to it, it seemed like we both wanted it, but I felt like I was doing it for another reason.

I was a little fucked up on dope, but I felt as if I couldn't really use that as an excuse as I was well enough to remember what happened.

In the long run, I had took advantage of her. I felt bad, but I had to find away to get her to stay. And I guess that's what the heroin in my veins had told me to do.

As I injected more drugs into myself, I heard some shuffling around on the other side of the door. I assumed Maya had finally woken up.

I wondered if she'd be mad with me, or if she'd just brush it off.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door, maybe she'd heard me in here, I thought.

"What?" I replied, rather aggressively.

Why was I being aggressive? I wasn't even mad.

"I'm coming in." She said sternly.

"Fuck off." I snapped.

Why did I snap? If anything I wanted her to come in. It's like I didn't even have control over myself anymore.

It's almost like heroin was it's own person, and that's who I'd become entirely.

"The fuck is your problem?" She scoffed while she walked in, grabbing the things she needed.

"You." I popped.

Why the fuck did I just say that? Why was I saying all of these things that weren't true.

It was so obviously clear that she wasn't the problem. So why the hell was I snapping at her like everything was her fault?

Heroin, that's why.

It controlled me, ruled over me completely.

I looked up to see a very pissed off look on her face.

Well fuck, now she's definitely going to leave the tour.

Well done Robert, way to fuck things up again.

"You know what!? I'm leaving this fucking tour and never coming back! We're done!" She shouted at my face before storming out with all of her things.

I scrabbled around on the ground, suddenly realizing the truth of my situation.

Why are the drugs just now kicking off, when it's too late.

"Wait, no!" I tried to say before I saw the door slam in my face.